at Veolia North America in Plainfield, Illinois, United States
Job DescriptionCompany Description
Are you looking for a meaningful experience in sales with high stakes in the execution of projects for the Sales group?
And you'd like to work in a company committed to the environment? Join Veolia!
Veolia aims to be the benchmark company forecological transformation. Our mission to "Resource the world" demonstrates the unwavering commitment of our 220,000 employees to creating a positive impact for our planet.
By joining Veolia Water Technologies, not only will you become a Resourcer, but you will also take part in providing complete solutions for water treatment. By innovating in key areas such as sustainable development, resource and product recovery, we want to offer water-related solutions suited for every application.
At HPD, we are committed to empowering our employees, to make their own decisions and to make a real difference. We are looking for like-minded people who can share our passion for providing streamlined technical solutions to our customers in various industrial markets.
Become a player in ecological transformation by joining us!
As a Tender Manager, you will work in markets that include Lithium and other metals in support of energy transition to batteries, oil and gas, pulp and paper, and other chemicals. In this role, you will be responsible for managing full proposal lifecycle for project ranging in values from $10 to $50 million.
Your job will involve coordinating, supporting, and managing activities involved in the planning and development of business unit pre-contract commercial proposals. You will also be responsible for the execution of a successful bid strategy, and coordinate internal and external team members to ensure timely and professional completion of all activities.
As a key member of the sales team, you will play a crucial role in supporting several key sales opportunities. You will contribute to the successful bid and execution strategies, understand client needs, and shape the offerings to highlight how Veolia specifically addresses the customer's requirements. Your efforts will be instrumental in ensuring that the company continues to grow and maintain its position as a leader in the industry.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Participate in upfront strategy development for new business opportunities with the sales team
- Develop and maintain tools for supporting sales and process group efforts, including standard proposals, supporting documentation, etc.
- Provide detailed guidance to the internal tender contributors (process design, engineering, estimating, legal, finance, scheduling, procurement, etc.), including distribution of client requirements to the appropriate internal experts based on the Request for Proposal (RFP).
- Define and manage the bid response schedule and coordinate with internal and external resources to ensure timely completion of all requirements.
- Coordinate regular proposal meetings to communicate bid strategy to all team members, monitor progress, and identify areas for improvement.
- Contribute to the development of complaint, response, and compelling proposal content.
- Ensure that all corporate reporting and approvals for large tenders are completed on a timely basis, assisting in the development of required inputs.
- Attend key client meetings to support proposal presentations, understand client needs/desires, and improve proposals to ensure successful outcomes.
- Develop and maintain tools for supporting sales and process group efforts, including standard proposals, support documentation, etc.
A degree in engineering, or a technically related field.
Experience or working knowledge of CRM software such as SalesForce.
3-10 years of previous experience with process industries, systems, or equipment.
Strong Organization skills and the ability to multitask effectively.
Ability to organize, prioritize, balance, and successfully complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
Ability to work collaboratively with professionals throughout the organization from various backgrounds.
Attention to detail and organization.
We want to hear from you if you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for winning tenders! Join our team as a Tender Manager and play a key role in securing new business opportunities.
We offer you the opportunity to join a Group whose goal is to become the benchmark company for ecological transformation!
What are the advantages of joining us?
- Be part of a forward-thinking collaborative team who will focus on your future career and development both locally and internationally
- Possibility to be part of exciting projects outside of your daily work/ scope for your company
- We are committed to ensuring you have the best experience possible
- Veolia is committed to a global social pact for its employees in all its geographic regions.
- PTO, 6 floating holidays plus 9 bank holidays;
- Work from home hybrid policy twice a week.
- Excellent benefits.
Here at Veolia Water Technologies, we know that some applicants don't apply unless they think they tick all the boxes - but we are saying don't worry! We would much rather see your application than risk missing out on your potential!
As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal consideration to all applications, without discrimination.