at Alvarez & Marsal Tax, LLC in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Manager, Compensation & Benefits Tax
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in performance improvement and business advisory services. A&M delivers specialist operational, consulting, and industry expertise to management and investors seeking to accelerate performance, overcome challenges, and maximize value across the corporate and investment lifecycles. Founded in 1983, the firm is known for its distinctive restructuring heritage, hands-on approach, and relentless focus on execution and results.
A&M's Compensation & Benefits practice is currently seeking a Manager with key expertise in the area of Executive Compensation. The ideal candidate will work with our team of professionals to advise companies of all sizes on various compensation and benefits matters. When you join us, you will gain unique experiences and valuable knowledge working across capabilities, sectors, and geographies, and have the opportunity to take control of your career progression.
As a Manager, you will assist clients with the design, implementation, communication, and monitoring of their compensation philosophy and strategy. The types of programs we consult on include base salary, annual incentives, long-term incentives, executive-level retirement, deferred compensation, and fringe benefit plans.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Complete complex compensation and benefits projects
- Provide compensation, tax, accounting, and business advice in regards to complex transactions
- Provide competitive market data, quantitative/qualitative analyses
- Have proficiency in the taxation of executive compensation and knowledge of Code sections 83, 162(m), 280G, and 409A
- Participate in multiple executive compensation engagements for a diverse client base, both in and out of the transaction setting
- Contribute to client satisfaction by providing timely and effective responses to client needs and concerns
- Participate in client meetings and work within a team environment to deliver fully integrated compensation and benefit services to clients
- Conduct proxy statement studies and analyses of other publicly available data sources
- Benchmark, design, and implement annual incentive plans and long-term incentive plans
- Conduct statistical analyses of compensation data
- Model financial impact of compensation plans
- Conduct performance metrics studies
- Monitor executive and other compensation trends
- Participate in marketing initiatives including support on developing compensation work and methodology approaches, writing and supporting proposals and conducting surveys
- With this position, you will further your analytical and communication skills while adding value for our clients by helping solve their complex problems
- Bachelor's Degree required; Juris Doctor, Masters in Tax, licensed CPA, or specialty compensation and benefits certification required
- 3-5 years of experience working with technical issues regarding compensation & benefits
- Strong knowledge of executive compensation and statistical analysis, incentive plan design and analysis, and pay structure analysis and design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to articulate complex information, including presenting complex topics in easily understood terms to clients
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to simultaneously work on and manage several projects and effectively manage deadlines
- High motivation to learn...
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity