at Alvarez & Marsal Holdings LLC in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Alvarez & Marsal is a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement, and corporate advisory services. With more than 7,500 professionals based in locations across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, our firm excels in problem-solving and value creation.
The Executive Assistant functions as the key administrative support person for managing directors in planning events, coordinating meetings and travel, and addressing other administrative tasks such as expense reports.
- Scheduling and organizing meetings, conference calls and other departmental activities.
- Coordinating travel plans, hotels, and car services.
- Submitting expense reports.
- Providing general administrative support (e.g., copying sensitive files, binding, answering phone)
- Assisting with research to gather and organize data / information needed from a variety of resources; pitch materials/ brochures / other business development activities.
- Maintaining records of business development activity and sales pipeline
- Meeting and greeting clients and other visitors.
- Assisting with department activities/projects as needed and perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- An Associate or Bachelor's degree in relevant field of study.
- 5+ years of Executive Administrative Associate or Executive Assistant in a professional services firm.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficient with Concur and Salesforce is a plus.
- Ability and desire to learn and develop new skills.
- Basic knowledge of accounting and financial principles a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail and dedication to quality work.
- Must work efficiently and be able to meet deadlines; strong time management skills; prompt reliable service.
- A self-starter who can work independently, multi-task and support multiple people with varied personalities.
- Understands importance of strict confidentiality of internal/personnel affairs/client information
- Able to interact effectively and professionally with clients and all levels of firm personnel .
- Willingness to be coached / desire and capacity for growth / positive teaming attitude.
- Flexibility to work additional hours as may be required from time to time.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity