at Alvarez & Marsal Tax, LLC in Chicago, Illinois, United States
A&M is a group of entrepreneurial, action and results-oriented professionals who take a hands-on approach to solving our clients' problems and assisting them in reaching their potential. Our culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work-guided by A&M's core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity-are the main reasons our people love working at A&M.
We specialize in providing tax, turnaround management, restructuring, performance improvement and corporate advisory services. Our tax practice is unique in that we offer you the opportunity to work without audit conflict and truly be a trusted business advisor. We provide our teams with opportunities to develop and cultivate careers that are most meaningful to them and we reward you based on your achievements.
Our State and Local Tax (SALT) practice assists clients in assessing state and local tax burdens by recommending solutions that support their overall business objectives and providing support so that their filing positions are consistent with good business practices and with the states' applicable tax laws and rules. Due to our tremendous growth we're seeking a Senior Associate to join our team.
What Will You Be Doing?
As a Senior Associate within SALT, you will:
- Assist with various state and local tax planning and compliance projects including deep technical issues surrounding areas such as apportionment methodologies, tax base modifications, T ax Reform for corporate and pass-through entities
- Deliver state and local tax advisory services, including refund reviews, nexus studies, voluntary disclosures, tax minimization studies for income/franchise tax purposes
- Independently research multi-state income/franchise tax issues and developments
- Regularly expose d to sales and use taxes, gross receipts taxes, employment taxes, credits and incentives, and property taxes
- Attend client calls to understand critical areas of importance and apply tax technical knowledge to specific client situations
- Create deliverables that are concise, complete and address the elements deemed critical by the client
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team and clearly communicate work plan s , project objectives, and timelines
- Support the engagement workflow management and mentor A ssociates when they are supporting the same projects by delegating appropriate tasks, ensuring they complete tasks efficiently , and sharing best practices
- Value diversity of perspectives and create opportunities for individuals to feel comfortable contributing
- Build client relationships and demonstrate a working knowledge of client businesses; with opportunity to assume additional responsibility quickly
- Identify opportunities to provide additional services to existing clients by using working knowledge of client businesses
- Assist with business development, including add-on work by creating business development resources and proposal materials
- Build internal relationships with other members of the Tax team and the greater A&M firm
How will you grow and be supported?
At A&M, we know our people drive our growth, and we're focused on providing an employee experience that supports professional and personal development. We provide our team with a robust performance development process which encourages continuous learning and development that rewards you for your contributions....
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity