at Alvarez & Marsal Tax, LLC in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Alvarez & Marsal Global Transaction Tax ("GTT") is seeking highly qualified JD (2L), Tax LLM as well as MsT and MACC (Tax concentration) students preferably with a background in accounting for full-time internship positions in our GTT practice. We are seeking students interested in federal and state tax, international tax, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate consulting. Previous or ongoing Tax coursework and JD/LLM/ MsT/MACC (Tax concentration) track is required.
GTT professionals provide corporate and private equity buyers with a broad continuum of transactional tax advisory services to support mergers, acquisitions, carve outs, investment and financing structures, disposition alternatives and post transaction activities. Assisting clients before, during and after the transaction, our GTT practice works with clients across corporate functions to analyze and evaluate the tax profile and to implement planning designed to help meet each organization's global goals, strategies and business objectives.
As an intern with GTT, responsibilities may include:
- Participate in direct complex tax research
- Participate in the formulation of tax planning strategies
- Assist in performing tax due diligence reviews
- Research various federal, international, state, and local income tax regulations
- Assist in preparing reports to clients
- Gather data from clients and analyze tax-related financial information
- Assist in the development of economic models used to evaluate transactions for strategic planning and structuring purposes
- Team with other colleagues and participate in client meetings
In addition, successful candidates will have an opportunity to expand tax research skills via extensive tax research involving complex technical tax issues across a broad spectrum of federal and state tax law (e.g. Subchapter C, Subchapter K, consolidated returns, tax accounting methods, taxable and non-taxable transactions, executive compensation, etc.) and will have the opportunity to contribute directly to client deliverables.
With whom will you be working?
We are not a typical tax firm. We are a group of entrepreneurial, action oriented and results oriented tax professionals who take a hands-on approach to solving our clients' problems and helping them reach their potential. We are nimble, resourceful, and proactive but adapt quickly when changes are needed. This position offers the opportunity to network with existing and prospective clients and allows the individual to assume additional responsibility quickly. We present you with opportunities, not a playbook, and we reward you based on your achievements, not your tenure.
- Currently pursuing a JD (2L), LL.M (Taxation) Master of Science in Taxation or Master of Accounting with an emphasis in Tax.
- Pursuing (or intent to pursue) CPA or membership to a State Bar
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to articulate complex information
- Strong analytical skills
- High proficiency in spreadsheets
- Ability to simultaneously work on several projects and effectively manage deadlines
- High motivation to learn and grow
About Alvarez & Marsal, LLC
Privately held since 1983, Alvarez & Marsal ("A&M") is a leading global professional services firm that delivers performance improvement, turnaround management and business advisory services to organizations seeking to transform operations, catapult growth and accelerate results through decisive action. Our senior professionals are experienced...
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity