at Alvarez & Marsal Holdings LLC in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Turnaround and Restructuring - Case Management Services (CMS)
Alvarez & Marsal is a premier independent global professional services firm specializing in providing turnaround management, restructuring, performance improvement and corporate advisory services. Our talent drives our success, resulting in our Restructuring & Turnaround practice becoming one of the largest and most recognized in the industry.
Our successes managing some of the largest crises in the world ( e.g. Lehman Brothers and Arthur Anderson), as well as preserving iconic brands through restructuring ( e.g. iHeart and Gibson Brands) have earned us multiple industry awards such as: Turnaround Management Association's (TMA's) 2019 Turnaround of the Year: International Company - Seadrill Limited; TMA's - 2019 Transaction of the Year: Mid-Size Company - Gibson Brands, Inc. and 2018 Transaction of the Year: Large Company - Performance Sports Group Ltd.
A career within the Case Management Services (CMS) group will provide you with the opportunity to work on some of the nation's largest and most complex turnaround and restructuring engagements. As a specialized group, the CMS team sits within Alvarez & Marsal's broader Turnaround and Restructuring practice . This will provide you the opportunity to collaborate with top tier law firms, financial advisors, and other bankruptcy professionals to assist clients with the administration of bankruptcy cases. Our team uses proprietary technology to manage the various reporting requirements of the bankruptcy process.
What will you be doing?
You will create a lasting positive impact on numerous organizations by leading a team through the Chapter 11 preparation and reporting requirements from pre-filling through distribution for our clients.
You will be leading a team of consultants working together on a diverse range of projects and work streams assisting in Chapter 11 preparation and reporting requirements throughout the lifecycle/engagement, f rom pre-filing through distribution ( e.g. preparation of the creditor matrix, schedules, and statements of financial affairs, claims reconciliation, preference analyses, lease assumption / rejection analyses, distribution processes ) as well as a ll facets of post-confirmation wind down .
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing day to day team management to ensure plans, budgets, and schedules are adhered too
- Ensuring the appropriate develop ment and adjustment of work plans and tasks on engagements to handle challenging deadlines, changing deliverables, and evolving task priorities
- Serving as the main point of contact for high profile client engagements
- Overseeing pre-filing activities (e.g. data extractions for first-day pleadings, developing plans and reports for pre and post-petition accounts payable, and compilation of master mailing list)
- Managing the preparation of Schedules of Assets and Liabilities and Statements of Financial Affairs
- Directing the organization and analysis of executory contracts for assumption/ rejection
- Managing the estimation and modeling claims for the Plan of Reorganization
- Supervising the facilitation of claims through reconciliation, including matching filed claims to scheduled liabilities, evaluating claims, and preparing exhibits to objections
- Guiding the analysis of potential preferential recoveries
- Managing the claims distribution process
- Assuring the follow through of requirements under Plan of Reorganization
- Recruiting, training, and performance evaluation to develop your team
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity