at America Medical Response in Decatur, Illinois, United States
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
To function as a Base Mechanic in accordance with Air Evac EMS, Inc. (AEEMS) General Operations Manual and Policies and Procedures. To assist with coverage of open shifts as needed in assigned area.
Maintain the aircraft in a safe and efficient manner with emphasis on compliance with the AAIP.
* Participate in the cleaning of the aircraft with the crew.
* Perform housekeeping duties required to keep the hangar area to keep it neat, clean, and presentable.
* Monitor aircraft maintenance statuses and maintain relationships with regional maintenance personnel to ensure proper and timely maintenance is conducted.
* Read, understand and interpret maintenance manuals, technical websites, and written/verbal instructions.
* Report any major malfunctions or aircraft damage to appropriate individuals in the most expeditious manner.
* Submit all appropriate paperwork in a neat and timely manner.
* Actively promote a positive company image by providing the customer with courteous, efficient, and safe service.
* Become thoroughly acquainted with and adhere to all relevant policies and procedures.
Minimum 2 years of experience in helicopter maintenance.
FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) License
* State Driver's License
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent training.
Communicates well, both verbally and in writing.
* Works effectively with limited supervision.
* Flexible and able to easily adjust to change.
* Results and detail oriented.
* Excellent work ethic that demonstrates dedication, concern for safety, and integrity.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Required to work frequently near moving mechanical parts.
* Required to work in outside weather conditions.
* Exposed to loud noise levels.
* Able to be on-call during the work week.
* May be required to work after hours and on weekends as needed.
Able to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
* Able to use arms, hands and legs to accomplish tasks.
* Able to sit, stand and squat for extended periods of time.
* Able to climb with balance on and off aircraft.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and providing for individuals with a disability.
EOE including Veterans and Disabled