at Robert Half in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Description Robert Half is looking for a Database Administrator with the ability to solve complex, multi-layered problems. This position is ideal for an ambitious problem solver who has highly tuned decision-making skills. The Database Administrator will be located in Chicago, Illinois and is a long-term contract / temporary opportunity.
What you get to do every day
- Ensure database server topology, configuration, and maintenance are designed and executed to meet SLA objectives
- Baseline system performance, monitor for deviation, and recommend and implement improvements to slow running queries
- Manage all database instances across development, staging, and production environments, handling installation, configuration, and maintenance
- Fix database service outages as they occur, including after hours and weekends
- Configure database monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms
- Determine the best way to improve performance, whether through hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
- Advise on database design, tuning options, and other potential issues Requirements – Storage and server hardware knowledge a plus
- Prior experience in production and on-call environments
- Prior experience adjusting queries to enhance performance
- 5+ years of database experience
- Experience developing and maintaining documentation
- MySQL Database experience
- Database experience preferred
- Database Administration experience
- Architecture Design experience preferred
- Solid grasp of relational database management systems Technology Doesn’t Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half works to put you in the best position to succeed. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – whenever you choose – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/us/en/mobile-app) and get 1-tap apply, notifications of AI-matched jobs, and much more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.