at Rose International Inc. in Mossville, Illinois, United States
Job DescriptionDate Posted: 09/18/2023 Hiring Organization: Rose International Position Number: 450245 Job Title: Validation Engineer Job Location: Mossville, IL, USA, 61552 Employment Type: Temporary Estimated Duration (In Weeks): 104 Skills/Attributes: FMEA, NPI - New Product Introduction
- **Only those lawfully authorized to work in the designated country associated with the position will be considered.**
- **Please note that all Position start dates and duration are estimates and may be reduced or lengthened based upon a client’s business needs and requirements.**
Company: Rose International
Job Title: Validation Engineer
Client Job ID: 22118
Duration: 24 Months
Location: Mossville, IL 61552
This role will assist the ePowertrain validation engineer in validation planning across multiple NPI programs and will work with L6 Product Groups, L5 ePowertrain system, and L3-L4 component technical leads to support their programs with Requirements Definition, Proactive Reliability, FMEA based planning, and PPRD to ensure proper validation of advanced ePowertrain components and systems supporting a wide variety of new product development and new technology investigation projects. This role will be a key contributor to establishing validation excellence in the ePowertrain systems domain, delivering world-class solutions, and mentoring and coaching team members.
• Determine ePowertrain program risk by driving usage of FMEAs.
• Assist in coordinating and facilitating Simulation-Test Collaboration Workshops (STCW) to understand our ability to mitigate program risks and identify validation gaps.
• As validation needs become known for which there is no robust method, assist the validation engineer in developing a new validation procedures.
• Assist in the development of validation plans and project management plans for the ePowertrain system, collaboratively, with systems teams, lab teams, and global machine development groups to establish standard work. Activities should favor virtual and lab-based techniques.
• Assist in the creation of Proactive Reliability glidepaths
• Assist in conducting L5 ePowertrain system readiness summaries (SRS) for NPI Gates 1-6 for the ePowertrain L5 system
• Assist in management of the ePowertrain NPI “Issues List”
• Assist in resolution of issues with L5 NPI program leads.
Position involves working in a team environment on challenging NTI and NPI programs that involve the integration of electric drive and electric power source technologies into electrification solutions, supporting the validation engineers who are supporting a team of ePowertrain system technical leads
Position’s Contributions to Work Group:
- This role will get assignments primarily from our ePowertrain validation engineers. The role will typically take on two or three significant responsibilities within the group to ensure these tasks are consistently completed at a high quality.
Reason/motivation for request:
- Addition. Number of ePowertrain NPI programs is increasing rapidly and more engineering support is needed to successfully deliver the programs.
Typical task breakdown:
- All tasks will be provided with guidance regarding the major steps that need to be taken to complete the tasks. The role will need to take initiative to follow the steps and learn how to accomplish the overall task.
Interaction with team:
- This role will interact with the team on a daily basis.
Office work environment. Most of this team is in the office Monday through Thursday. Many work either from home, or make trips to key suppliers on Friday.
Education & Experience Required:
- 5-7 Years of on the job experience OUTSIDE of academia.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical preferred)
- Clear understanding of laboratory and/or product testing processes.
- Clear understanding of Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEAs)
- Basic understanding of Battery Electric Powertrain systems
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity……wants to understand how everything works.
- Self Motivated
Arrogance. Someone who feels like they already know everything.
For information and details on employment benefits offered with this position, please visit here. Should you have any questions/concerns, please contact our HR Department via our secure website.
California Pay Equity:
For information and details on pay equity laws in California, please visit the State of California Department of Industrial Relations' website here.
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
If you need assistance in completing this application, or during any phase of the application, interview, hiring, or employment process, whether due to a disability or otherwise, please contact our HR Department.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify). (Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.).