at Alvarez & Marsal Tax, LLC in Chicago, Illinois, United States
A&M is a group of entrepreneurial, action and results-oriented professionals who take a hands-on approach to solving our clients' problems and assisting them in reaching their potential. Our culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work-guided by A&M's core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity-are why our people love working at A&M.
We provide tax, turnaround management, restructuring, performance improvement, and corporate advisory services. Our tax practice is unique in that we offer the opportunity to work without audit conflict and truly act a trusted business advisor. We provide our teams with opportunities and support to develop and cultivate careers that are most meaningful to them and reward them based on their achievements.
We are seeking a Director or Senior Director with international tax experience to join our growing International Tax practice. In this role, you will work with experienced partners and teams in the United States and globally on complex international tax matters to add value for clients while being a trusted advisor . If you are a strategic thinker and like to solve complex international tax issues , you should consider a career in A&M International Tax Practice.
What Will You Be Doing?
As a Director or Senior Director within International Tax you will:
- Provide tax consulting services to public and private multinational clients on the tax implications of their international operations includi ng business operating model optimization/supply chain planning , IP migration, cross-border merger and acquisitions, internal restructuring s , etc.
- I dentify complex tax issues , provide tax analysis and recommendations , and assist with the design and implementation of comprehensive global tax restructuring and planning .
- Review MS Excel based computations and models of international tax computations, including projections and modeling of various scenarios of proposed planning.
- Review international tax opinions and memorandums.
- Review international tax compliance and accounting for income taxes.
- Team with A&M Global Tax network and other service line s including Transfer Pricing to deliver the highest quality integrated work product.
- Build relationships with clients by understanding their business, identify tax opportunities and offer proactive support, and provide exceptional client services.
- Manage risk, staffing and financial performance for multiple engagements including billing, collections, profitability and project budgets
- Provide supportive leadership , counseling, and career guidance through mentoring and performance feedback to your engagement team.
- Build relationships across Tax and the rest of A&M. Develop a deep understanding of the areas of expertise across the firm in order to present clients with opportunities for additional support
- Champions diversity, equity and inclusion across all aspects of the practice
- Actively pursue business development opportunities and prioritize where and how to source new relationships
How will you grow and be supported?
At A&M, we know our people drive our growth, and we're focused on providing an employee experience that supports professional and personal development. We provide our team with a robust performance development process which encourages continuous learning and development that...
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity