at CVS Health in Springfield, Illinois, United States
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand – with heart at its center – our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
As the Service Reliability Engineer Manager on our team, you are accountable for developing and driving reliability engineering, implementation for Specialty Pharmacy systems. You will work closely with Application, Incident management and Infrastructure teams to execute discovery and gap analysis effort. You will provide leadership and drive reliability engineering implementation for one of the largest applications in CVS Health.
You will be responsible for establishing Service Reliability Engineering blueprints and roadmaps. We are looking for engineering experience and drive to improve existing systems and processes, with creativity to develop novel solutions to evolving challenges. The goal of this opportunity is to improve availability and reliability of critical platform services and applications, ensuring they meet the requirements of internal and external users.
Some of the responsibilities for our Service Reliability Engineer Manager Include:
- Developing and driving Service Reliability Engineering implementation for Specialty Pharmacy systems.
- Effectively communicating and collaborating with IT leadership, business partners and the broad IT community, often across multiple functional areas, to deliver technically sound and cost-effective solutions.
- Working closely with managed services vendor on ensuring all the Service Delivery aspects and deliverables are met as per CVS Health standards.
- Owning the Incident, Request, Change and Escalation processes, ensuring high levels of performance in these processes, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when required and post incident review.
- Accountability for the quality of Service and performance; ensuring future demand from growth and projects is understood and factored into capacity plans for all associated systems.
- Driving internal and third-party service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality, and processes.
- Identifying areas for improvement, present recommendations, and champion changes. Keep apprised on industry best practices.
- Collaborating with internal teams to evolve & improve internal processes including but not limited to incident, problem and change management.
- 6+ years of production support or service delivery experience including the following:
- Experience working with a managed services vendor.
- ITIL Qualified & Expert knowledge of ITIL disciplines.
- Experience of managing 3rd parties and 3rd party delivered services.
- Service Management or Support in a large-scale and diverse environment of incident management, escalation procedures and related disciplines.
- High degree of self-motivation to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Strong communication skills are required to facilitate meetings with both technical and business audiences, often across multiple functional departments.
- Demonstrated understanding of various technologies (Java/J2EE, .Net, MQ, etc.)
- Experience with major database management systems, e.g. DB2, Oracle, and SQL Server.
- Experience in SCRUM, Agile, DevSecOps, Cloud, or Product Mindset
- Experience creatively debugging complex system problems spanning entire hosting stack (application, server, communication channels, networking components, etc), resulting in problem determination and restoration through thorough research and fact finding.
- Be able to exhibit decisiveness and good judgment, even in ambiguous circumstances.
- Experience supporting both proprietary and vendor developed or supported applications.
- Demonstrated successful completion of technical projects.
- Demonstrated proficiency working on all phases of SDLC.
- Able to exhibit decisiveness and good judgment, even in ambiguous circumstances.
Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent work experience.
The typical pay range for this role is:
$79,200.00 – $170,800.00
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors. This position is eligible for a CVS Health bonus, commission or short-term incentive program in addition to the base pay range listed above. This position also includes an award target in the company’s equity award program. In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company’s 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off (“PTO”) or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies. For more detailed information on available benefits, please visit jobs.CVSHealth.com/benefits
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
CVS Health is committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, advancing, and retaining individuals with disabilities. As such, we strive to provide equal access to the benefits and privileges of employment, including the provision of a reasonable accommodation to perform essential job functions. CVS Health colleagues can initiate a request for a reasonable accommodation, including a qualified interpreter, written information in other formats, translation or other services through myHR (1-888-694-7287, or through myLeave at myHR). If you have a speech or hearing disability, please call 7-1-1 to utilize Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS). We will make every effort to respond to your request within 48 business hours and do everything we can to work towards a solution.