at Patrick Engineering in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Position: Project Engineer - Renewables
Location: Chicago (Hybrid), IL
Job Id: 840
# of Openings: 1
To continue the expansion Patrick has experienced over the past 40 years, and to capitalize on the recent acquisition made by global corporation RINA, Patrick is planning for significant growth in North and South America. RINA is a worldwide engineering consultancy firm that provides an expansive range of services across the energy and mobility, marine, infrastructure, real estate, and industrial sectors. Patrick focuses on working with clients in the infrastructure, transportation, technology and renewable energy sectors throughout the entire process of project delivery - from planning and controls, comprehensive management services and construction, through to operations and maintenance. Combining forces with RINA presents an exciting opportunity to attract talented and multicultural people and to expand both our worldwide footprint and service offerings in new markets and application sectors.
Join our team and work on rewarding projects in a dynamic, multicultural and energizing environment that reaches beyond geographical and cultural boundaries. Patrick's new status as a part of RINA provides opportunities for partnering with global clients, training to further advance your competencies and support your personal career development. Join us to make Patrick and RINA more successful than ever before by bringing your contributions developing innovative solutions to complex problems, delivering our mission and achieving the challenging goals we have set for ourselves. If you share our values and our vision, please apply. Make it sure, make it simple.
We have the following position available:
The Project Engineer is responsible for the project execution, calculation, and design of engineering projects. The Project Engineer gathers/analyzes technical data to prepare detailed engineering designs and drawings and is charged with monitoring and coordinating the technical deliverables required for client projects. Oversees the technical work of one or more Staff Engineer(s), Engineer(s), Designer(s), and/or Drafter(s) and delegates work appropriately to engineering team members; highly involved in the QA and QC of calculations, drafts, and designs. Additionally, the Project Engineer acts as the liaison between the Project Manager and other project team members, relaying all important and relevant project information in an effective manner.
The Engineer at this level is comfortable working cross-functionally, has the ability to coordinate with others on larger, multidiscipline project, and is proficient in standard project management methodologies and techniques. The Project Engineer may accompany the Project Manager on site visits and meetings with clients, and participate in proposal writing (RFP's), setting up project scopes, defining deliverables, monitoring schedules and budget costs. The Project Engineer will be asked to provide recommendations and feedback to clients regularly. Reports to Supervising Engineer: alternatively, may report to Project Manager, Senior Project Manager, or Program Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
* Responsible for designs, CAD drawings, and specifications on assigned projects, under the guidance/direction of Project Manager o Works with other engineers on a project team, maintaining effective communication with project team members, other departments, suppliers, and clients o Coordinates with drafters, designers, and staff engineers within project team
* Accountable for design calculations and plan development
* Completes drawings/project responsibilities within scope, budget, and schedule; reviews drawings for completeness, accuracy, and constructability
* In partnership with senior engineers, oversee that the project is constructed and documented in accordance with the contract documents and proper engineering practices
* Develops conceptual and basic engineering documents including studies, design criteria, equipment specifications, etc.
* Utilizes computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
* Performs field work by obtaining field information, checking installations, problem solving,... For full info follow application link.
It is the policy of Patrick Engineering Inc. ("Patrick") to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy) national origin, age, disabilities, marital status, sexual orientation, genetics military status, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans (veterans who served during a war or in a campaign or expedition for which a badge has been authorized,), and Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.