in County, IL
FIRST STATE BANK’S Princeton branch has an opening for a Full-Time Teller.
This is a responsible position requiring initiative and knowledge of services available to customers.
Teller duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Receives cash and checks for deposit, verifies amounts, and looks for check endorsements. Examines cash carefully to guard against acceptance of counterfeit bills.
- Cashes checks for customers after verifying identification and checking account balances in accordance with bank policy.
- Enter transactions into the Fiserv teller product and issue customer receipts.
- Count cash balance at beginning of shift and balances cash and checks against computer records at end of shift.
- Prepare cashier's checks.
- Explain bank services and charges to customers.
- Observe suspicious behavior and reports any such activity to head teller and/or security personnel as appropriate. In the event of a robbery, remains calm and follows bank procedures to safeguard customers and staff.
- Willing to learn bank policies, procedures and general banking practices.
- Requires a mature, professional person with an outgoing personality, and the ability to conduct themselves with tact, courtesy, and have a genuine desire to serve others.
- Possess the necessary judgment that is required to assess, interpret and meet the needs of customers.
- Represent and promote the bank and its various banking products.
- Requires multi-tasking while paying attention to detail and accuracy in handling various negotiable instruments.
- A thorough knowledge of forms and proper use of them in processing the various transactions is essential (training will be provided).
This position is a non-exempt, full-time, hourly position. Hours will be Monday through Friday, and Saturdays as scheduled.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled