at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chica in Lake Forest, Illinois, United States
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago provides superior pediatric care in a setting that offers the latest benefits and innovations in medical technology, research and family-friendly design. As the largest pediatric provider in the region with a 140-year legacy of excellence, kids and their families are at the center of all we do. Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago is ranked in all 10 specialties by the U.S. News & World Report.
LocationAlmost Home Kids - Chicago
1. Direct patient care: assists with the following tasks under the direction of an RN:
- Orienting families to the ambulatory clinic area
- Vital signs measurement per department standard
- Documentation of patient data per department standard either on paper record or in EMR
- Emptying fluid collection containers
- Point of care testing/controls glucose, hemocult, urine dipstick, hemoglobin A1C, HCG testing
- PO feeding
- Bulb suctioning
- Assisting with procedures
- Assisting with intra hospital transport
- Holding patients
- Providing comfort measures
2. Stocking and maintenance:
- Changing needle boxes when 2/3 full
- Distributing linen
- Clean rooms after discharge
- Replacing canisters, oxygen tubing, and nebulizers per protocol
- Obtaining unit supplies
- Returning unused supplies/equipment from patient room and treatment room and charges items to central area designated by unit.
- Assisting with sending labs
- Phone calling/paging as directed
- Coverage for clerk
- Keeping unit orderly
- Cleaning equipment and toys
- Checking and recording refrigerator temperatures
- Checking and recording of AED checks
5. Documents changes to the plan whether that be in the Electronic Medical Record or in the paper chart.
6. Assists in the retrieval and delivery of medications and pharmaceutical products that are dispensed from the Pharmacy to the appropriate patient care provider/s in a timely manner.
7. High school diploma / GED, plus completion of program leading to certification as Nursing Assistant or Licensed Practical Nurse.
8. Must be able to safely immobilize children, if necessary, and be able to move equipment and patients; respond quickly to patient care situations; effectively communicate with patients/families, physicians, and patient care staff, and meet professional image and communication standards.
9. Bilingual ability preferred.
10. Basic Life Support certification.
EducationHigh School Diploma/GED (Required)
(BLS) - Basic Life Support - American Heart Association
For full time and part time employees who work 20 or more hours per week we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
Medical, dental and vision insurance
Employer paid group term life and disability
Employer contribution toward Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays and Paid Parental Leave
403(b) with a 5% employer match
Various voluntary benefits:
Supplemental Life, AD&D and Disability
Critical Illness, Accident and Hospital Indemnity coverage
Student loan servicing and support
Backup Childcare and Eldercare
Employee Assistance Program, and other specialized behavioral health services and resources for employees and family members
Discount on services at Lurie Children's facilities
Discount purchasing program
Lurie Children's and its affiliatesare equal employment opportunity employers. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, order of protection status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.