at Northern Trust Company in Chicago, Illinois, United States
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
The NT HFS Information Delivery team combines technical and business knowledge to support our internal and external clients. The partner will work closely with clients and internal stakeholders to gather requirements and will be responsible for the analysis, planning, design, creation and maintenance of client reports using Snowflake, SQL, DAX, SSRS, PowerBI and other reporting/business intelligence tools. The ideal candidate will be an attentive problem solver that can think creatively to solve business needs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create and continuously deploy custom reports based on client specifications
- Work with clients, business owners and SME's to help capture and formalize client requirements for data needs
- Deliver daily support for consistently meeting stringent deadlines
- Provide support for ongoing development, testing and releases
- Rapidly iterate, prototype, and implement data visualizations using advanced design and development skills
- Create design artifacts, workflow diagrams, low-fidelity mockups, static and functional prototypes that supplement mockups
- Interact with technology and operations to formulate and implement solutions to enhance existing services, create new client deliverables, or improve processes.
- Act as the subject matter expert on our various reporting solutions, answer questions and resolve issues when requested
- Maintain up-to-date processes and procedure documents that govern and guide in the reporting/file delivery process
- Explore new technologies and learn new skills to continuously improve the way we operate
- Strong focus on high quality client service and attention to details in reporting
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of, and practical experience with, specific tools or technologies used to perform job include (but are not limited to): SSRS, PowerBI,SQL, Power Query/DAX, MS Office 365, Snowflake
- Ability to effectively multi-task and meet on-going time sensitive deadlines
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools (Tableau, PowerBI)
- Python and/or other practical experiences with coding languages a plus
- Experience creating ad-hoc or recurring reporting in any reporting tool or suite for client consumption preferred
- 3-7 years professional experience (financial services preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Finance, Accounting or related experience preferred
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation...
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity