at Northern Trust Company in Chicago, Illinois, United States
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working Model: Hybrid
We have a balanced hybrid working model to ensure you get the flexibility you need, and the successful candidate will spend their time between working in the office and working from home.
Senior Relationship Manager, Global Fund Services
Responsible for managing client relationships for Global Fund Services (GFS). Utilizes knowledge of registered/unregistered funds, fund administration, investor services, global custody, and middle office outsourcing services to provide clients with information and suggestions to add value to the relationship. Identifies opportunities to cross-sell products and services generating additional revenues.
- Manages client relationships for Global Fund Services.
- Understands evolving Northern Trust product / business capabilities, ensuring familiarity with new capabilities, technology, innovation.
- Ensures overall client satisfaction by facilitating efforts of service team, coordinating resources to ensure timely delivery and issue-resolution, and effectively communicating client concerns / needs to Northern Trust partners.
- Develops complete understanding of client's business, strategic objectives, goals, market challenges, and aligns to Northern Trust's business / product strategy.
- Cultivates strong working relationships with client contacts. Demonstrates ability to add value with consultative approach by anticipating client needs and possible solutions, and partnering with client to implement.
- Educates client on industry trends, emerging issues, and regulatory / tax changes, while highlighting Northern Trust products and services, thought leadership, and solutions .
- Cross-sells Northern Trust products / services and participates in development of solutions to meet client needs, coordinates presentations, introduces Northern Trust experts when appropriate, closes the sale, and ensures smooth delivery of new services.
- Manages client profitability, understands competitive environment, develops pricing strategies, and works with team to enhance profitability.
- Required 10 - 15 years of experience in financial services, experience with registered fund complexes, along with trust and asset servicing knowledge.
- Experience with U.S. mutual fund products and associated operations preferred, including fund administration, transfer agency, custody, regulatory and/or compliance functions.
- Experience with presenting to Fund Boards.
- Understanding of regulatory landscape.
- Knowledge of trust or asset management and accounting usually acquired through related work experience is required to manage client relationships.
- Knowledge of general finance and portfolio management concepts usually acquired through formal education or experience is needed to consult on client needs.
- Skills in negotiation, delegating, leadership, and sales are necessary to service client relationships.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity