at Northern Trust Company in Chicago, Illinois, United States
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working Model: Hybrid
We have a balanced hybrid working model to ensure you get the flexibility you need, and the successful candidate will spend their time between working in the office and working from home.
Private Capital Administration (PCA) provides third-party clients with comprehensive administration, financial accounting, and investor reporting services for their funds. PCA specializes in private equity (PE), real-estate, debt funds, venture capital, and fund of funds. Services include accounting for investment and divestments, investor capital calls/drawdowns and distributions, financial reporting and investor reporting.
Highly visible and dynamic position tasked with delivering efficient, accurate, and timely client and internal deliverables. Serves as primary client contact to an external client. Ensures excellent client satisfaction and service in accordance with Northern Trusts' core principles. Liaise with internal stakeholders within the PCA department. Manages multiple projects with oversight and accountability for team progress and accomplishments. Candidate will be able to operate independently and may be requested to work on large and/or complex projects/initiatives as needed. Possesses the knowledge, leadership and organizational skills required to prioritize assignments and provide feedback to staff.
- Be technically competent regarding complex, extensive, high profile transactions surrounding all PE Fund activity e.g. capital calls, distributions, management fees' investment purchases, divestments, carried interest calculations, etc. ensuring they are executed according to the LPA and standard accounting policies and procedures. This may require direct interaction with external senior investment management/principals and/or CFOs, Controllers, COOs, CCOs.
- Provide input, maintains and monitors departments risk management and compliance programs for assigned team. Monitors client relationship and servicing activities to ensure the team is adhering to the client's service level agreement.
- Establishes & cultivates working relationship with clients and partners. Act as key a communicator between the client and client service teams for the deliverables and servicing activities. Understands client needs and reviews service requests to ensure the request has adequate information for a successful implementation.
- Ensures that all necessary client documentation is completed according to audit guidelines.
- Monitors turnaround times so that product/services are provided by due date.
- Monitors and verifies account set up, maintenance and services for accuracy and completeness.
- Reviews all bespoke, non-standard procedures for account processing.
- Provide management updates on transactions, including statistics on volume, productivity, new developments, service and sensitive issues on a regular basis.
- Completes department...
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity