at Group O in Milan, Illinois, United States
Job DescriptionGroup O
Job ID: 2023-5362
Division: Supply Chain
To safely and efficiently perform filling and packaging utilizing mechanical equipment to mix and mill high consistency liquid silicone rubber to desired customer specifications.
- Ensure that all safety equipment is readily available and that all guards are in place.
- Assist operator with Filling and packaging process, providing secondary support to machine operator.
- Safely operate multiple types of equipment, sit-down forklift, pail/drum handling equipment, pumps, and other related equipment when required.
- Maintain work area in clean and orderly manner, drive Lean 5S initiative throughout the facility with emphasis on production run transition.
- Tend to the filling system needs like, loading raw materials, loading pallets, and unloading packaged materials.
- Learn and understand basic customer requirements for packaging, and finished appearance.
- Receive and relay vital communications with co-workers concerning daily production strategies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Basic math skills
- Ability to follow work instructions and procedures.
- Ability to work with WMS/ERP software.
- Ability to operate a stand-up forklift equipment.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to learn and work with company systems.
- Must be able to carry or lift 50lbs to shoulder height repetitively.
- Hands and eye-hand motor coordination
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- 1-2 years' experience in a manufacturing environment
- RF scanning equipment.
- Problem solving ability.
- Aptitude to learn the use of scales and other production equipment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Group O is an end-to-end business process outsourcing provider offering a wide range of innovative, technologically driven marketing, supply chain, and packaging solutions. Founded in 1974 and headquartered in Milan, IL, Group O is one of the largest Hispanic-owned companies in the United States with more than 1,200 employees both domestic and internationally. To learn more, visit www.GroupO.com.
Group O is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status