at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chica in Lake Forest, Illinois, United States
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago provides superior pediatric care in a setting that offers the latest benefits and innovations in medical technology, research and family-friendly design. As the largest pediatric provider in the region with a 140-year legacy of excellence, kids and their families are at the center of all we do. Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago is ranked in all 10 specialties by the U.S. News & World Report.
Night (United States of America)
LocationAnn & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
$9,000 Sign on Bonus
-Three years critical care experience preferred, including care of the ECMO patients.
-ECMO specialist experience preferred
This position provides Relationship Based Care for patients/families with acute and chronic diseases, disorders found in the pediatric and adolescent into young adult populations. Utilizes enhanced specialty knowledge and skills to provide nursing excellence to patients within designated patient care area(s). Utilizes the nursing process and performs responsibilities in five areas of nursing practice: clinician, clinical inquiry, teacher, professional development and leadership. Understands and integrates into the delivery of patient care the needs of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent and adult patients in regard to their growth and development process. Actively supports the Hospital and department's quality goals and service excellence principles.
1. Performs nursing assessments utilizing a variety of assessment methods and/or area-specific tools.
2. Develops or individualizes existing plans of care and develops goals relative to family needs. Evaluates and documents changes to the plan.
3. Develops or individualizes teaching plans/protocols to meet patient and family learning needs. Identifies patient preferences and needs including motivation to learn. Evaluates and documents changes to the plan.
4. Performs nursing care according to procedures/protocols. Anticipates impending emergent situations and intervenes effectively.
5. Communicates with the family and members of the multidisciplinary team to identify health care needs. Communicates changes in patient status. Utilizes appropriate resources for referral or consultations.
6. Keeps up to date in nursing practice by utilizing current nursing and healthcare literature for information and problem solving.
7. Incorporates current hospital and departmental quality initiatives into daily activities.
8. Adheres to communication, service excellence and professional image standards that support the hospital mission and philosophy.
9. Works cooperatively as a team member to foster achievement of unit/hospital goals.
10. Identifies learning needs and seeks resources to advance nursing practice and achieve professional goals.
11. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
12. Demonstrates knowledge of pertinent aspects and competency with protocols related to the use of chemical disinfection, high level disinfection, and sterilization if required as part of the responsibilities of the role.
1. Bachelor's degree in nursing or higher required.
For positions that are identified as difficult to fill, CNO may allow approval for hiring of candidates with Associates degree in nursing with equivalent experience in lieu of BSN or above.
2. Current licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Illinois.
3. Basic Life Support certification.
4. Ability to effectively communicate with patient/families, physicians and hospital staff.
5. Special certifications may be required by department.
EducationBachelor's Degree: Nursing (Required)
For full time and part time employees who work 20 or more hours per week we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
Medical, dental and vision insurance
Employer paid group term life and disability
Employer contribution toward Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays and Paid Parental Leave
403(b) with a 5% employer match
Various voluntary benefits:
Supplemental Life, AD&D and Disability
Critical Illness, Accident and Hospital Indemnity coverage
Student loan servicing and support
Backup Childcare and Eldercare
Employee Assistance Program, and other specialized behavioral health services and resources for employees and family members
Discount on services at Lurie Children's facilities
Discount purchasing program
Lurie Children's and its affiliatesare equal employment opportunity employers. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All... For full info follow application link.