at BAIN & COMPANY,INC. in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Company: Bain & Company Inc.
Location: 190 South LaSalle Street, Suite 3400, Chicago, IL 60603
Position Title: Consultant (CHI-CON-2023A(3))
Perform management strategy consulting services for clients. Join case teams and become involved in the formulation and implementation of strategic recommendations to improve the performance of Bain's clients' businesses. Gather data, analyze the findings, derive insights, make client presentations, and work with clients to implement Bain's recommendations. Take ownership and responsibility for assigned workstreams related to the development, design and implementation of business strategies, functional capabilities, and enhanced client performance. Utilize expertise to formulate strategic plans in areas such as: cost reduction; customer retention; process re-engineering; organizational design and effectiveness; market analysis, branding definition; quality management; strategic acquisition and divestiture. Analyze statistical and market data, perform financial analysis and cash flow/portfolio calculations, and develop turnover and profit projections. Design sophisticated financial models to analyze and quantify competitive responses and cost behavior and to simulate implementation of strategic advice. Confer with client personnel and conduct operational effectiveness reviews to ensure smooth functioning of newly implemented practices, programs, and/or systems. International travel may be required for this position on an as needed basis. This position will require travel within the U.S. Please also note, applications involving job opportunities which require the beneficiary to work in various locations throughout the U.S. cannot be anticipated. Travel to client sites as required for client consulting projects to establish needs and present recommendations. Overnight travel may be required.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration plus two (2) years post-undergrad experience as a management consultant, business analyst, quantitative analyst, or related.
Alternate field of study: Management Science or a quantitative field (related to a Bain client industry)
Experience must include:
- Designing and implementing management strategies on assigned case
- Building and executing effective plans for self on the assigned workstream
- Developing and applying quantitative methodologies to evaluate strategic alternatives; experience in at least 3 of the following:
- Value proposition analysis
- Due diligence analysis
- Transformation analysis
- Customer experience analysis
- Operating model analysis
- Post-merger integration analysis
- Supply chain analysis
- Performance improvement analysis
- Mastering data gathering for assigned modules of work using both internal and external information sources
- Constructing and updating case hypotheses
- Recognizing and evaluating value-adding hypotheses
- Drawing correct business insights and implications; recommending actionable and implementable solutions
- Identifying conflicts or roadblocks on assigned workstreams and the ability to resolve them independently
- Effectively presenting data and responding to questions from colleagues, teams, and clients (both in writing and verbally)
- Delivering clear, professional, and confident presentations in formal and informal settings
- Organizing and prioritizing numerous tasks and completing them within very tight timeframes
- Having advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrating the ability to learn advanced computer tools and statistical packages such as SPSS, Stata, Python, SQL, Tableau, Alteryx, or Microsoft Access
Multiple positions available. Please submit resumes via www.bain.com/careers or to Erik Finn, 131 Dartmouth Street, Boston, MA 02116. Please enter code “CHI-CON-2023A(3)” in the “Additional Comments” field of the application.