at BAIN & COMPANY,INC. in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Company: Bain & Company, Inc
Location: 190 South LaSalle Street, Suite 3400, Chicago, IL 60603
Position Title: Manager (CHI-MGR-2023A(3))
Perform management strategy consulting services for clients. Join management consulting case teams and lead the formulation and implementation of strategic recommendations to improve the performance of Bain's clients’ businesses. Supervise junior team members; develop analytical work-plan, assign, and supervise work. Responsible for team members' value creation through the analytical process. Build and maintain client relationships. Identify the value creation opportunities with the client’s situation. Provide intellectual leadership to the team to ensure the highest quality analytic and conceptual output. Build and maintain consensus with the client on objectives, critical issues, work plans, implications, recommendations, and implementation plans. Co-create solutions with clients and develop client commitment to recommendations and implementation plans. Help manage the formal and informal professional development of junior team members. Provide leadership, coaching, and supervision to case team members. Supervise junior team members to oversee the formulation and implementation of strategic recommendations to improve the performance of clients´ businesses. Contribute to key firm-building initiatives and activities (e.g., involvement in mentoring, recruiting, and training). Collaborate effectively with senior leaders and experts internally and externally in order to utilize their expertise and insight. Supervise 2-3 Management Consultants. International travel may be required for this position on an as needed basis. This position will require travel within the U.S. Please also note, applications involving job opportunities which require the beneficiary to work in various locations throughout the U.S. cannot be anticipated. Travel to client sites as required for client consulting projects to establish needs and present recommendations. Overnight travel may be required.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Economics plus three (3) years experience in strategy consulting with a top tier international management consulting firm.
Alternate field of study: Non-business field (related to a Bain client industry)
Experience must include:
- Taking responsibility for complex workstreams with minimal supervision.
- Proactively anticipating risks, planning contingencies for workstreams, and contributing to managing yield loss.
- Managing the entire data gathering process, leveraging internal and external experts when appropriate, always.
- Generating and maintaining sound hypotheses for complex workstreams.
- Consistently deriving sound business insights from analysis of complex issues and recommending actionable solutions.
- Collaborating with the client to identify roadblocks to deliver results and resolve conflicts.
- Delivering all types of presentations to clients with polished presentation skills.
- Consistently meeting deadlines, managing time and output for complex workstreams.
- Beginning to master mid-level client relationships.
- Drawing insights across wider care with the supervisor’s support and starting to guide junior team members in the insight generation process.
- Ability to recognize different skills, development needs, and personalities and begin to see leverage through some delegation
Multiple positions available. Please submit resumes via www.bain.com/careers or to Erik Finn, 131 Dartmouth Street, Boston, MA 02116. Please enter code “CHI-MGR-2023A(3)” in the “Additional Comments” field of the application.