at BAIN & COMPANY,INC. in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Company: Bain & Company, Inc.
Location: 190 South LaSalle Street, Suite 3400, Chicago, IL 60603
Position Title: Senior Manager (CHI-SRM-2023A(2))
Manage teams providing management strategy consulting services for clients. Oversee the formulation and implementation of strategic recommendations to improve the performance of Bain's clients’ businesses. Act as the day-to-day project leader and central point of communication within Bain and with the client. Assume responsibility for the case team's value creation through the analytical process and build and maintain client relationships. Responsibilities include: Identify the value creation opportunities with the client situation. Provide intellectual leadership to the team to ensure the highest quality analytic and conceptual output. Build and maintain consensus with the client on objectives, critical issues, work-plan, implications, recommendations, and implementation plans. Co-create solutions with clients and develop client commitment to recommendations and implementation plans. Manage diverse teams of experts in fields such as advanced analytics, digital marketing, and product design to deliver client solutions. Effectively manage the formal and informal professional development of the case team members. Promote each member's development through skill planning, coaching, and performance feedback. Clearly allocate the responsibilities among case team members, balancing the fulfillment of case team goals with the professional growth and satisfaction of individuals. Contribute to key firm-building initiatives and activities (e.g. involvement in Practice/Capability Area knowledge-building efforts, mentoring, recruiting, and training). Collaborate effectively as a member of a case team and with other colleagues, including using work process methodologies. Collaborate effectively with senior leaders and experts internally and externally in order to utilize their expertise and insight. Supervise 3 – 5 Management Consultants. International travel may be required for this position on an as needed basis. This position will require travel within the U.S. Please also note, applications involving job opportunities which require the beneficiary to work in various locations throughout the U.S. cannot be anticipated. Travel to client sites as required for client consulting projects to establish needs and present recommendations. Overnight travel may be required.
Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Economics plus three (3) years experience in strategy consulting with a top-tier international management consulting firm; or a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Economics plus five (5) years experience in strategy consulting with a top-tier international management consulting firm.
Alternate field of study: Non-business field (related to a Bain client industry)
Experience must include:
- Taking complete responsibility for full case, including all execution and delivery
- Structuring workplan end-to-end for an entire team, tracking progress, when appropriate
- Tracking process, often showing flexibility to re-scope, adjust resources and deadlines, or rebalance to ensure delivery and the sustainability of the team
- Generating case-cracking hypothesis to ensure focus on the client's optimal value-creating opportunities
- Achieving expert status on an entire case or significant subset and being viewed as a clearinghouse for team information
- Consistently derives sound business insights from analysis of complex issues and developing recommendations that are actionable, implementable and client-sensitive
- Beginning to build longer-term relationships with mid-level/senior clients
- Guiding junior team members in the insight generation process
- Delivering presentations internally and to the client
- Ability to influence thinking at senior client level; develop advisor status with senior clients
- Team management
- Project management
Multiple positions available. Please submit resumes via www.bain.com/careers or to Erik Finn, 131 Dartmouth Street, Boston, MA 02116. Please enter code CHI-SRM-2023A(2)” in the “Additional Comments” field of the application.