at Northern Trust Company in Chicago, Illinois, United States
About the Asset Owner Segment, Americas:
The Segment is part of the Asset Servicing Division, responsible for roughly half of Northern Trust's total global assets under custody, as well as newly formed innovative businesses such as Northern Trust Front Office Solutions. This segment focuses on mission-driven asset owners across the Americas, primarily endowments, foundations, corporations, pensions, multi-national entities, and insurance companies. This is an opportunity to transform how we serve our clients, partners, and stakeholders by leveraging the invaluable assets which exist within our people and our products, and applying discipline to client management and drive business growth.
Our vision: To be THE market-leading partner of choice in the asset owner segment through innovative products, unparalleled service, impeccable operational outcomes, and unyielding integrity and alignment to our clients.
We cannot do this without putting culture at the core. Our people, our behaviors, the decisions we make all influence the ability to achieve success.
Job Code Title: Client Executive, Institutional Trust
The Client Executive manages and cultivates a client base comprised of existing and high potential multinational clients. Has ultimate responsibility for the retention and growth of assigned client group across Northern Trust. Establishes oneself in a given marketplace and is involved in defined prospecting. The Client Executive provides client-specific advise-driven solutions that solidify current relationships while exploring and capturing additional opportunities.
- Manages complex master trust, custody and trust/asset services clients. Evaluates, designs, implements and oversees clients' total relationship plan. Ultimate responsibility for all aspects of the relationship including worldwide custody, multinational, investments, banking, credit/treasury management services and proper introductions to Wealth Management as appropriate.
- Reviews individual client relationships to determine the banking, trust and investment needs of clients; anticipates and creates opportunities for enhancing these client relationships.
- Places emphasis on relationship building and participates in development of new solutions to client needs, brings in experts when appropriate, and closes the sale. Ensures smooth delivery of new services and communicates emerging needs.
- Initiates regular, ongoing dialogue with clients and clients' advisors. Counsels clients on emerging financial/industry issues, new bank products and services, regulatory tax changes and general environment. Discusses impact on client's activities and the banks' services.
- Manages client profitability. Understands competitive environment and anticipates opportunities. Develops pricing strategies and works with team to enhance profitability.
- Coordinates/leads Northern Trust wide relationship reviews in order to develop client-specific strategic relationship plans and assess progress in meeting the goals set forth in the plans.
- Interacts with and involves bank senior management in reporting client servicing activities/issues. Provides management with defined reports highlighting client profitability, contribution and any servicing gaps. Escalates issues appropriately.
- Provides input regarding team members' performance with respect to their overall contribution to team results.
- Participates in new business efforts and defined prospecting within a given marketplace.
- 10 - 15 years of experience in relationship management, new business...
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity