at Northern Trust Company in Chicago, Illinois, United States
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working Model: Hybrid
We have a balanced hybrid working model to ensure you get the flexibility you need, and the successful candidate will spend their time between working in the office and working from home.
Responsible for all administrative aspects of a portfolio. This includes file set up on client accounts, ordering reports, processes physical stock and/or bond certificates, prepares all material for client review meetings. Works under the direction of the Investment Advisor to complete all client requests. Responsible for supporting risk and compliance requirements for the team, including:
- Working diligently to mitigate losses due to error and being mindful of possible contingencies
- Coordinating and/or supporting investment or client service teams' monthly REV and New Account Review processes and documentation (as directed by supervisor).
- Ensures that portfolio materials are prepared for account review meetings with clients. Retrieves reports, desired by portfolio managers or requested by clients, off the EDS, PIMS, IMS, and PAS systems.
- Sets-up files with account documentation for existing or new clients (i.e., involving automatic payment, pledging securities, address changes, statement addresses, investment guidelines, fees, etc.).
- Orders reports for portfolio managers or clients as requested.
- Communicates with clients and portfolio managers on client requests. Ensures that portfolio managers follow-up with client requests.
- Interacts with partners, primarily administratively, on a daily basis to receive and communicate information on all aspects of a client relationship or portfolio.
- Works with the tax area to research discrepancies and oversee adjustments on client accounts regarding tax cost issues.
- Responds to client inquiries for account information or to initiate transactions requested by the client (i.e., re-register gift stock, remit proceeds, sell gifts, etc.). Processes physical stock/bond certificates and completes DTC transfers.
- Follows-up with client on inquiries via the telephone or written correspondence.
- Processes client cash transfer requests. Determines if funds are available in the investment account. Contacts portfolio manager if cash needs to be raised.
- Processes fund trades via CIT or all-in-one bank applications by established deadlines.
- Reviews and analyzes fee worksheets to ensure that fees are calculated appropriately.
- Adheres to National Investment Guidelines, feedback from the REV peer review process, and observes sound risk management practices.
- Provides solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring based on practice and existing precedents or procedures.
- Impacts the quality, timeliness and effectiveness of the team; uses discretion to modify work practices and processes to achieve results or improve efficiency.
- 0-2 years of experience...
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity