at Fidelity Information Services in Bolingbrook, Illinois, United States
Position Type : Full time
Type Of Hire : Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired : Bachelor of Sales
Travel Percentage : 50 - 75%
NOTE: A successful candidate for this position will reside in the Chicago, IL area
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develops and executes strategies for selling services to merchants in assigned territory.
* Identifies new prospects and revenue opportunities for merchant services through referrals, lead lists, referrals from current merchants and self-sourcing and ensures line of business partners are included in opportunity.
* Establishes relationships with key internal business partners and provides overview of merchant including current partners, support options, cross-sell abilities and partnership needs.
* Develops in-depth knowledge of products, value added services and pricing models of targeted merchants and recommends additional products and services to compliment businesses.
* Demonstrates product knowledge including various solutions, markets and competitive intelligence.
* Utilizes available resources to ensure merchant is properly set-up on FIS system, processing transactions and is initially billed according to agreement.
* Responds promptly to prospect inquiries and requests and prepares proposals, letters and presentations utilizing FIS resources.
* Provides manager with regular reports and updates, both written and verbal, outlining prospect status, revenue and deal count achievement, partnership successes with various line of business partners and campaign successes.
* Notifies conversion and/or relationship management teams on opportunities that need to be assigned or supported.
* Maintains an awareness of competitors' products and pricing, including new trends and developments in the industry.
* Acts as a mentor to sales representatives(s) with less experience or in new markets.
* Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor's degree in business or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Requires expert negotiation and communication skills, both written and verbal
* Requires solid decision-making and problem solving skills
* Analytical skills are required to determine client business needs and requirements
* Ability to remain calm under various levels of pressure
* Ability to show established track record of involvement in industry trade groups preferred
* Requires the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management (internally/externally), employees, clients and public
* Travel is required.
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Developing professional role. Fully qualified sales representative who has advanced beyond entry level. Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues. Has working knowledge of company products and services. Typically sells through a specific channel, having own territory, or working on a team and is responsible for small to medium-sized quota/territory. Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new project or assignments. Typically requires a minimum of three years of field sales experience.
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the... For full info follow application link.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply.
If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check)
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.