at Wintrust Financial Corporation in Northbrook, Illinois, United States
As one of the largest premium finance companies in the country, FIRST Insurance Funding provides full premium finance services, plus additional services built specifically for agencies. We pride ourselves on the variety of incentive programs, services, and technology we offer. This not only helps grow the agents, brokers, and companies we partner with, but also helps them better serve their clients. FIRST Insurance Funding is a subsidiary of Wintrust, a financial services company with more than $50 billion in assets.
As a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing environment, the responsibilities associated with this position will change in accordance with the companys business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
Why join us?
- An award-winning culture! We are rated a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune (past 8 years) and Employee Recommended award by the Globe & Mail (past 6 years)
- Competitive pay and discretionary or incentive bonus eligible
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life, a 401k plan with a generous company match and tuition reimbursement to name a few
- Family-friendly work hours
- With 175+ community bank locations, we offer opportunities to grow and develop in your career
- Promote from within culture
Why join this team?
- We have a culture that encourages an entrepreneurial spirit
- We offer multiple opportunities for development and upward mobility
What Youll DoThe Cash Banking Specialist is responsible for entering information on internal systems and bank websites related to ACH transactions, and transmitting ACH files to the bank for processing. The Banking Specialist is also responsible for running various reports and monitoring, researching and/or resolving issues within area of responsibility.
- Accurately enter or update ACH banking instructions and/or payment information in loan management system and/or bank websites. Balance, upload and transmit daily ACH files to the bank.
- Monitor department email box, promptly and accurately process requests and/or respond to inquiries from internal and external customers. Take corrective action as necessary to resolve issues.
- Generate, review, distribute and/or process a variety of daily operational reports from internal systems and bank websites. Assist in researching and resolving items in general ledger accounts, including processing necessary entries to clear outstanding items.
- Review daily positive pay exceptions from bank, research items and make payment determinations.
- Prepare and/or maintain comprehensive and accurate documentation within area of responsibility.
- 1-3 years related experience
- Prior accounting or finance experience helpful
- High School degree or equivalent
BenefitsMedical Insurance Dental Vision Life insurance Accidental death and dismemberment Short-term and long term Disability Insurance Parental Leave Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Traditional and Roth 401(k) with company match Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Employee Stock Purchase Plan at 5% discount Critical Illness Insurance Accident Insurance Transportation and...
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity