at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chica in Lake Forest, Illinois, United States
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago provides superior pediatric care in a setting that offers the latest benefits and innovations in medical technology, research and family-friendly design. As the largest pediatric provider in the region with a 140-year legacy of excellence, kids and their families are at the center of all we do. Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago is ranked in all 10 specialties by the U.S. News & World Report.
LocationSimpson Querrey Biomedical Research Center
The Research Project Manager is responsible for the initiation, planning, execution, control, and closure activities of complex and multi-phase projects across multiple teams.More broadly, this individual will develop and oversee systems and procedures that will streamline the flow of information and communication among research staff and teams and will develop and implement a standardized platform across the Pillar to facilitate planning, execution and evaluation of research activity within the Manne Research Institute.
The Research Project Manager is responsible for keeping projects on track and possessing the ability to foresee the entire project as a whole at all times.
This role participates in organizational development and problem solving as it relates to the Quantitative Science Pillar, other Pillars within research institute, the research enterprise, and the Medical Center.
Using a wide-ranging knowledge of informatic, analytic, and knowledge-development strategies, the Research Project Manager recommends and supports solutions to informatic and analytic challenges, marshalling resources across the research institute to develop and implement sustainable solutions.
1. Leads research project management initiatives and develops efficiencies in the Quantitative Science Pillar by planning, implementing and maintaining organizational systems for research processes, standard operating procedures, and workflows.
2. Coordinates and communicates with investigators and other research personnel to intake, catalog, review, and prioritize research resources and project support, maintaining a collaborative relationship with research teams.
3. Provides project planning support for study teams, including consultation and needs assessments regarding informatic, analytic, statistical, and other data science activities. Collaborates with Quantitative Science Leadership and investigators to provide appropriate internal and external resources based on needs assessments conducted for each project.
4. Collaborates with Quantitative Science Leadership to ensure availability of informatic, analytic, statistical, and other data science resources and support for research projects.
5. Maintains a working knowledge of breadth of data science research activities occurring under the Quantitative Science Pillar and across the research institute.
6. Organizes and prepares monthly dashboard/metrics reports.
7. Perform job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our researchers, trainees, volunteers, co-workers, and others.
8. Assumes other responsibilities as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree in information technology, data science, healthcare administration, social sciences, communication, or related field required.
2. PMI and/or applicable certification preferred.
3. Minimum of five experience of related experience required. Prior academic research/hospital environment is preferred.
4. Demonstrated experience in managing complex technical interdepartmental projects.
5. Excellent project management and organizational skills. Able to organize and manage a project from scoping to implementation through to sustainability.
6. Competent in interpersonal/interdisciplinary communication, group process, negotiation, change management, conflict resolution, and facilitation skills. Ability to present to groups at all levels.
7. Effective listening skills to understand various perspectives and ability to synthesize findings to achieve results.
8. Excellent analytical and process/systems thinking skills; excellent problem-solving skills.
9. Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and be detailed oriented.
10. Ability to network and interact, as well as support effective partnerships with key groups and individuals. Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with faculty, investigators, senior-level management, staff, colleagues as well as external collaborators.
11. Demonstrates and sets high standards of behavior, performance, quality, credibility, and integrity.
For full time and part time employees who work 20 or more hours per week we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
Medical,... For full info follow application link.