at Away Staffing Services, Inc. in Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Create complete designsfor manufacture of slide forming tooling, progressive stamping dies, assembly automations.
- Troubleshoot/optimize production tools.
- Good knowledge of cad systems: SolidEdge( preferred),Solidworks, Autocad, etc.
- Job estimating and quoting
- Participate in design reviews, component reviews, and APQP with customers.
- Communicate directly with customer engineering and purchasing during the quote and design phases.
- Understand and apply geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Work with quality and production department to improve process and production performance
- Work with quality and production departments to implement 5S
- Assist in material review/corrective actions
- Maintain and updated production-related performance records.
- Tool and die bench experience helpful
- Spanish language skills helpful
- Must be highly computer literate.
- Be Organized, self-directed and creative
You should be proficient in:
- Production Setups
- Blueprint Reading
- Quality inspection
- Product Design
- Lean Manufacturing
Machines & technologies you'll use:
- Punch press
- CAD Software
- Associates Degree in Tooling or;
- Minimum five years related Tool and Die experience in a tooling environment.
- Experience with slide forming machines
- Experience with assembly automations a plus
- Knowledge of manufacturing systems related to metal stampings.
- Technically inclined / Strong mechanical aptitude
- Commitment to quality.