at Joliet Junior College in Romeoville, Illinois, United States
Position Title:Student Employee, Chemistry/Physics Lab Assistant
Job Description:Summary: Assist the Physical Science Lab Supervisor in keeping labs prepared for classes
1. English and Spanish verbal and written communication proficiency.
2. Demonstrated multicultural competence.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS * Normal office physical demands.
WORKING CONDITIONS * Duties are performed indoors in the usual office and/or outdoor environment.
Student Employee, Chemistry/Physics Lab Assistant
Main Campus - Chemistry/Physics Lab Student Employee
POSITION TITLE: Student Employee, Chemistry/Physics Lab Assistant
STATUS: Part time
DEPARTMENT: Natural Sciences and Physical Education
DIVISION: Student Development
REPORTS TO: Geoffrey White, Physical Science Lab Supervisor
MINIMUM PAY RATE:
Assist the Physical Science Lab Supervisor in keeping labs prepared for classes
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Abide by Safety Procedures & Policies as detailed in the JJC Chemical Hygiene
2. Clean up chemistry and physics lab areas
3. Maintain the stock of glassware and equipment
4. Prepare laboratory materials for Chemistry and Physics courses
5. Work 10-20 hours per week, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8
AM and 4 PM
6. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Basic understanding of chemistry principles.
2. Complete previous coursework in Chemistry and/or Physics
3. Must be able to work well with others
4. Must be able to communicate effectively
1. A grade of "B" or better in Chemistry 101
* Some Moderate Lifting Required
* Duties are performed indoors in the chemistry and physics lab and preparation
* Split time between Main campus and Romeoville campus
Full Time/Part Time:Part time
Union (If Applicable):
Joliet Junior College is committed to maintaining an environment that is safe and free from discrimination, harassment, and misconduct on the basis of sex, which includes sexual orientation or gender-related identity. The College prohibits sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual misconduct, stalking, and relationship/dating violence has put measures in place to ensure a safe and healthy educational and employment environment, and meet legal requirements in accordance with: Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX), which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in the College's programs or activities; relevant sections of the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act; Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex or sexual orientation, including gender-related identity; and the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), which requires timely warning to the community of certain immediate threats.