at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chica in Lake Forest, Illinois, United States
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago provides superior pediatric care in a setting that offers the latest benefits and innovations in medical technology, research and family-friendly design. As the largest pediatric provider in the region with a 140-year legacy of excellence, kids and their families are at the center of all we do. Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago is ranked in all 10 specialties by the U.S. News & World Report.
LocationAnn & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
Six Month Fellowship- training program for APN to determine expertise in the recognition, evaluation, and acute and long term management of acute neurologic insults including but not limited to : traumatic brain injury, stroke, refractory status epileptics, auto immune and demyelinating disorders, CNS infections, metabolic, neuromuscular disorders, and neurologic complications of critical illness. In addition to consult service in the ICU, the training will include rotations in neurosurgery, pediatric critical care, rehabilitation and adult neuroscience/stroke.
Advanced Practice Nurse works within the multidisciplinary clinical team to obtain further knowledge in the specialty of Neuro Critical Care. S/he will learn evidenced based practice by conducting or participating in research and academic activities. S/he will learn to support nursing and leadership to promote the advancement of the nursing profession at Lurie Children's and in the community-at-large. The role is unique to the Advanced Practice Nurses specialty area and in accordance with individual credentialing and privileging through the Medical Staff Office.
1. Provides expert clinical care, education, consultation, advocacy research, leadership and mentorship.
2. Manages primary, acute and chronic health problems through comprehensive history and physical examination assessment and diagnosis. This may include palliative and end of life care.
3. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests and procedures.
4. Prescribes pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions, and performs other therapeutic or corrective measures to treat illness and improve health status.
5. Promotes the advancement of the nursing profession at Lurie Children's and the community-at-large. This may include publication, participation in professional organizations and providing educational support to the nursing staff.
6. Collaborates and coordinates care with medical team to deliver evidenced-based care and establish best practices in clinical care.
7. Participates in research design, implementation and interpretation.
8. Meets the Medical Staffs Allied Health Practitioners core measures of performance related to patient care, medical knowledge, practice based learning and improvement, interpersonal communication skills, professionalism, and system based practice.
9. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
Open to new grads or experienced APPs with a license to practice in the state of Illinois that successfully complete the Lurie credentialing process.
A $400 charge to the candidate for credentialing will be required.
EducationMaster's Degree: Nurse Practitioner (Required)
(ACNP-BC) - Acute Care Nurse Practitioner - ANCC - American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), (BLS) - Basic Life Support - American Heart Association
For full time and part time employees who work 20 or more hours per week we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
Medical, dental and vision insurance
Employer paid group term life and disability
Employer contribution toward Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays and Paid Parental Leave
403(b) with a 5% employer match
Various voluntary benefits:
Supplemental Life, AD&D and Disability
Critical Illness, Accident and Hospital Indemnity coverage
Student loan servicing and support
Backup Childcare and Eldercare
Employee Assistance Program, and other specialized behavioral health services and resources for employees and family members
Discount on services at Lurie Children's facilities
Discount purchasing program
Lurie Children's and its affiliatesare equal employment opportunity employers. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran... For full info follow application link.