at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chica in Lake Forest, Illinois, United States
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago provides superior pediatric care in a setting that offers the latest benefits and innovations in medical technology, research and family-friendly design. As the largest pediatric provider in the region with a 140-year legacy of excellence, kids and their families are at the center of all we do. Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago is ranked in all 10 specialties by the U.S. News & World Report.
Location680 Lake Shore Drive
1. High school diploma required. Some college preferred.
2. A minimum of two years of general office or healthcare experience required.
3. Some knowledge of medical terminology, strongly preferred.
4. Proficient in Microsoft Word applications such as Outlook and other computer skills preferred.
5. Demonstrates a high level of customer service and interpersonal skills to effectively work with pediatric patients, families, physicians, nursing and other allied health and medical center personnel. Excellent communication/organizational and prioritization skills needed.
6. Problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple priorities in fast paced environment. Requires a high level of accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to perform under pressure of deadlines.
1. Answers multiple divisional phone calls; responding to customer requests including, and not limited to cross departmental appointment scheduling, screening, routing calls and registration.
2. Responds to hospital and department related questions as appropriate. Facilitates consumer communication by retrieving and distributing messages in the appropriate database.
3. Provides physician-patient support using scheduling guidelines and online knowledge-based tool to schedule new and return appointments.
4. Correctly identifies and collects patient demographic information in accordance with organization standards, verifies insurance eligibility and completes registration as needed for families.
5. Transcribes new referrals in Epic from phone or fax and submit referrals for clinical triage as specified by division guidelines or Epic instruction.
6. Assists in facilitating both electronic and non-electronic communication for families and patients. Provides family pertinent next steps for visit.
7. Signs up patients for MyChart as well as utilizing the Epiccare Link functionality as appropriate.
8. Maintains performance metrics related to department and individual key performance indicators and all quality goals consistently.
9. Obtains referral for scheduled services.
10. Reviews and collects outstanding patient liabilities as appropriate (estimates, copays, outstanding balances, self pay, etc.)
11. Meets expectations of outstanding service, including behavior that models Core Values with every encounter, every time. Adheres to organizational Power of All principles.
12. Maintains confidentiality and HIPAA regulations.
13. Assist with training new and current employees as needed.
14. Other job functions as assigned.
EducationHigh School Diploma/GED (Required)
For full time and part time employees who work 20 or more hours per week we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
Medical, dental and vision insurance
Employer paid group term life and disability
Employer contribution toward Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays and Paid Parental Leave
403(b) with a 5% employer match
Various voluntary benefits:
Supplemental Life, AD&D and Disability
Critical Illness, Accident and Hospital Indemnity coverage
Student loan servicing and support
Backup Childcare and Eldercare
Employee Assistance Program, and other specialized behavioral health services and resources for employees and family members
Discount on services at Lurie Children's facilities
Discount purchasing program
Lurie Children's and its affiliatesare equal employment opportunity employers. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, order of protection status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.