at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chica in Lake Forest, Illinois, United States
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago provides superior pediatric care in a setting that offers the latest benefits and innovations in medical technology, research and family-friendly design. As the largest pediatric provider in the region with a 140-year legacy of excellence, kids and their families are at the center of all we do. Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago is ranked in all 10 specialties by the U.S. News & World Report.
Day (United States of America)
LocationAnn & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
Registered Nurse (RN) - Operating Room (OR)
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred. ADN accepted with BSN commitment.
Current licensure as a registered professional nurse in the State of Illinois.
A minimum of three years operating room experience preferred, to include one year of experience in a surgical specialty area at Lurie Children's (preferred).
Ability to hold children and react quickly to emergency situations.
Ability to lift/move patients and equipment sometimes in excess of 20 pounds.
1. Performs functions of scrub nurse, circulating nurse, or RN First Assistant (if credentialed) to provide intra-operative nursing care following Lurie Children's Operating Room policies.
2. Facilitates specialty service and inter-departmental communications including surgeons, vendors and contracted services. Assures availability of specialty service instruments and equipment.
3. Participates in the orientation, evaluation and continuing education of the Operating Room staff.
4. Facilitates the team concept by: a) selecting staff members with appropriate skill levels for team participation; b) ensuring optimum utilization of team members, and c) using structured team conferences to provide mechanism for team evaluation of patient care.
5. Communicates with primary nurses and APNs to provide continuity of peri-operative patient care.
6. Assists in revising, updating and developing policies and procedures for the Operating Room, Recovery Room and Outpatient Surgery. Promotes compliance to standards set by Lurie Children's, JCAHO, IDPH, OSHA, AORN and other regulatory bodies.
7. Develops expenditure proposals to incorporate into the annual capital and operations budgets. Ensures an adequate inventory of specialty supplies and equipment.
8. Participates in hospital committees as requested. Participates in Operating Room activities to include on-call coverage.
9. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
10. Demonstrates knowledge of pertinent aspects and competency with protocols related to the use of chemical disinfection, high level disinfection, and sterilization if required as part of the responsibilities of the role.
EducationBachelor's Degree: Nursing (Required)
(BLS) - Basic Life Support - American Heart Association
For full time and part time employees who work 20 or more hours per week we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
Medical, dental and vision insurance
Employer paid group term life and disability
Employer contribution toward Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays and Paid Parental Leave
403(b) with a 5% employer match
Various voluntary benefits:
Supplemental Life, AD&D and Disability
Critical Illness, Accident and Hospital Indemnity coverage
Student loan servicing and support
Backup Childcare and Eldercare
Employee Assistance Program, and other specialized behavioral health services and resources for employees and family members
Discount on services at Lurie Children's facilities
Discount purchasing program
Lurie Children's and its affiliatesare equal employment opportunity employers. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, order of protection status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.