at Illinois Department of Innovation & Technology in Springfield, Illinois, United States
30 % Under administrative direction, serves as the Systems Architect for the Department of Innovation & Technology (DoIT) supporting the Department of Insurance (DOI):
- Performs diagnosis and coordinates to resolve complex Local Area Network (LAN) andtelecommunication problems.
- Operates, maintains, and troubleshoots personal computer and LAN hardware assigned to the Springfield office. Resolves assigned problems and reports more complex problems to the appropriate DOI or DoIT staff.
- Coordinates control of Information Technology (IT) inventory and permissions related to Office 365/AD for DOI.
- Coordinates solutions to any problems through personal knowledge and experience and through communication with Springfield IT staff, DoIT IT staff, and any other available resources.
- Plans and coordinates IT equipment moves in the Springfield office.
- Confers with vendors for advanced software and hardware problems.
- Provides technical advice to staff in the Springfield office and field staff on a wide range of IT related subjects.
30% Oversees the maintenance of administrative tools and ensures proper policies and procedures are followed within the systems:
- Engages with staff and development team on internal administrative tools including inventory, ticketing, telecom, and archiving and record keeping
- Provides training to appropriate staff
20% Reviews existing systems to evaluate the advantages of new hardware technology implementation:
- Coordinates the activities of other IT professionals supporting the Springfield office and field staff.
- Provides expertise, guidance, training, and direction to lower-level IT staff.
- Reviews results and evaluates potential improvements to procedures.
- Assists the supervisor in the control and projected use of resources
- Makes day-to-day decisions on unit assignments
- Submits status reports to supervisor.
- Assists IT and DOI staff with Agency Technology Service Requestor (ATSR) related functions including onboarding, offboarding, and complex change requests.
10% Keeps abreast of new developments in the Information Technology (IT) field:
- Continues education by attending meetings, training sessions, seminars, and conferences to increase familiarity with and maintain current on IT products, vendors, techniques, and procedures
- Attends demonstrations and exhibitions related to assigned operations.
5% Monitors trouble tickets to ensure acceptable service levels for providing break/fix services to agencies within listed time frames are being met:
- Escalates time sensitive trouble calls to senior staff and/or appropriate vendor for faster resolution time.
5% Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.