at Illinois Department of Innovation & Technology in Chicago, Illinois, United States
25% Under general direction, serves as an Assistant Information Security Officer for the Department of Innovation & Technology (DoIT) supporting the IL Department of Employment Security (IDES):
- Provides consultive services to information services personnel in resolving technical application problems.
- Identifies and analyzes information technology (IT) problems and develops and implements solutions
- Delegates implementation of solutions based on the complexity of the resolution
20% Serves as a member of a team implementing computer software on large agency systems:
- Performs difficult and specialized professional work in computer software implementation of average complexity relative to the interface functions between application programs and data processing hardware
20% Performs required security measures using RACF security to ensure department software, databases, and computerized files are secure and protected from unauthorized entry or modification.
10% Provides software development consultive services to information services personnel regarding intermediate computer systems.
10% Monitors libraries used for systems and programming development to ensure proper maintenance.
- Conducts feasibility studies for system conversions or enhancements
5% Produces software testing programs and generates JCL instructions:
- Tests databases and computerized files for new software packages
- Reports findings to supervisor.
- Prepares comprehensive documentation of system innovations.
5% Keeps abreast of new developments in the Information Technology (IT) field:
- Continues education by attending meetings, training sessions, seminars, and conferences to increase familiarity with and maintain current on IT products, vendors, techniques, and procedures.
- Attends demonstrations and exhibitions related to assigned operations.
5% Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of duties enumerated above.