at Freedom Forver in Peoria, Illinois, United States
Join an established and innovative solar company and enjoy a strong pay rate + install bonuses + benefits + advancement opportunities!
Do you like to work with your hands and take pride in the quality you bring to your work? If you feel like you’ve got skills and motivation, but your current job limits your earnings and ability to advance, then please keep reading! We’re Freedom Forever, a fast-growing solar company known for innovation and quality, and we’re looking for people who want an opportunity to build a career with us as a Solar Installer! As a member of our branch operations team, you’ll be working with a crew that performs residential solar system installations for our customers.
- Load and unload a company vehicle with project materials.
- Bring materials to and from the roof (or other structure) for installation.
- Assemble and install all solar roof components in an efficient and safe manner.
- Ensure all work is performed with quality workmanship and in compliance with Freedom Forever policies and applicable codes. (EX: NFPA-70, IRC, IFC, CA-T24)
- Follow all Freedom Forever safety regulations and policies.
- Follow installation directions given by senior members of the crew.
- At least one year of solar install experience is preferred.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Experience and skills using power and hand tools.
- Comfortable working at heights, on ladders, and in confined areas.
- Physically able to handle materials and equipment related to installation.
- Able to lift 50 pounds of weight frequently throughout assigned workday.
- Experience installing electrical components is a plus.
- Provide quality customer service using written and verbal communication skills.
- Reliability. (Arrive on time and do your best work every day)
- Can work in various weather environments. (EX: sun, heat, cold, rain, crawl spaces)
- Must have a valid state driver’s license with clean driving record.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Freedom Forever is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics) or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and co-workers.
Employees of Freedom Forever must submit to a criminal history check, MVR check and a 9-panel drug screen that includes the following: Amphetamines, Cocaine Metabolites, Opiates, Phencyclidine (PCP), Barbiturates, Benzodiazepines, Methadone, Methaqualone, Propoxyphene.