at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chica in Lake Forest, Illinois, United States
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago provides superior pediatric care in a setting that offers the latest benefits and innovations in medical technology, research and family-friendly design. As the largest pediatric provider in the region with a 140-year legacy of excellence, kids and their families are at the center of all we do. Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago is ranked in all 10 specialties by the U.S. News & World Report.
LocationAnn & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
Job Description1. Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or other field with equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position required.
2. Master's degree and/or Certified Research Administrator (CRA)/Certified Financial Research Administrator (CFRA) preferred.
3. Minimum of five years of work experience involving grant/research administration, combined with experience with legal terminology, reviewing detailed legal documents, and language relevant to award administration, and/or accounting related experience to include tracking and reconciling accounts.
4. Minimum of three years of professional experience in providing post-award services to PIs with federally funded grants and contracts required.
5. Extensive knowledge of Uniform Guidance, NIH Grant Policy Statement, and other federal regulations required.
6. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal direction required.
7. Solution oriented with proven record of managing large scale research projects with diverse complexity required.
8. Ability to quickly reason with information to solve new, unfamiliar problems or independent of any prior knowledge required.
9. Exceptional ability to distill complex compliance issues so it is understandable to the lay audience required.
10. Ability to handle high volume of work with changing priorities and constant interruptions and establish priorities and deadlines required.
11. Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, complex technical issues in a clear, concise manner, to individuals with little or no technical background required.
12. Ability to work accurately with detailed complex information required. - Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required.
13. Excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain cooperative, tactful, effective and harmonious working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, Lurie and Northwestern administrators and sponsors required.
14. Capable of working in a diverse, multi-disciplinary team and interacting with all levels of the organization required.
15. Working knowledge of accounts payable, general ledger, payroll, and budgeting preferred.
16. Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet preferred.
17. Knowledge of Workday software or similar ERP software preferred.
EducationBachelor's Degree: Finance (Required)
For full time and part time employees who work 20 or more hours per week we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
Medical, dental and vision insurance
Employer paid group term life and disability
Employer contribution toward Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays and Paid Parental Leave
403(b) with a 5% employer match
Various voluntary benefits:
Supplemental Life, AD&D and Disability
Critical Illness, Accident and Hospital Indemnity coverage
Student loan servicing and support
Backup Childcare and Eldercare
Employee Assistance Program, and other specialized behavioral health services and resources for employees and family members
Discount on services at Lurie Children's facilities
Discount purchasing program
Lurie Children's and its affiliatesare equal employment opportunity employers. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, order of protection status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.