at Joliet Junior College in Romeoville, Illinois, United States
Position Title:Testing Services Associate
Job Description:POSITION TITLE:Associate, Testing Services
DEPARTMENT: Testing Services
DIVISION: Student Development
REPORTS TO: Manager, Testing Services
PLACEMENT: Clerical, Grade 8
MINIMUM PAY RATE:$21.76 per hour
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Joliet Junior College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff.
To provide a wide variety of highly responsible onsite/offsite proctoring, clerical, and training duties requiring a high level of discretion; to provide professional, effective, and efficient customer service assistance to students, faculty, college personnel, and external stakeholders. Serves as primary support to Testing Services, Dual Credit, and District 525 high schools, their testing needs, and related day-to-day operational details which involve high levels of organization and confidentiality. May be involved in the staffing, training, onboarding, and supervision of part-time testing employees. Considerable judgment, initiative, and independent action in establishing or adapting work procedures to new situations are required. Work requires knowledge of the policies and procedures within the department and college systems. Ability to travel to other campuses, centers, and offsite testing locations is required.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coordinate and proctor onsite and remote placement testing for local high schools. Maintain records of scheduled testing sessions, student rosters, and testing requests. Serve as primary point of contact for offsite placement testing proctoring, and complete related tasks.
2. Create, maintain, and submit placement reports as related to Dual Credit, Transition Courses, and other high school programs.
3. As related to placement testing for high school programs, assist Manager with coordinating day-to-day operations for Testing Services. Review office procedures and suggest necessary changes.
4. Triage testing questions, troubleshooting, test administration processes, and testing center related issues for all Testing Services Assistants. Assist the Manager with process improvement and external representation of Testing Services.
5. Serve as liaison for Disability Services and assist with proctoring needs for students requiring testing accommodations. Collaborate with Disability Services to coordinate testing accommodations for JJC students, high school programs, offsite and remote testing, and community testers.
6. Provide exceptional customer service to all visitors including students, faculty, staff, and community members. Support the high schools and Disability Services in the coordination of offsite testing accommodations.
7. Assist with manual entry and batch upload of testing scores. Support Director and Manager with testing changes and updates, including all phases of testing, implementation, and communication.
8. Research, compile, and analyze information as necessary to assist with general and high school test administration decisions and reporting. Collect departmental documentation from staff.
9. Document complaints, inquiries, and other concerns, and propose solutions to promote a culture of continuous quality improvement.
10. Assist with scheduling, reporting, and maintenance of Testing Services' appointment and scheduling system.
11. Assist with the creation and maintenance of Testing Services procedures, policies, and compliance-related documentation/manuals.
12. Assist the Secretary of Academic Intervention and Accommodation... For full info follow application link.
Joliet Junior College is committed to maintaining an environment that is safe and free from discrimination, harassment, and misconduct on the basis of sex, which includes sexual orientation or gender-related identity. The College prohibits sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual misconduct, stalking, and relationship/dating violence has put measures in place to ensure a safe and healthy educational and employment environment, and meet legal requirements in accordance with: Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX), which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in the College's programs or activities; relevant sections of the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act; Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex or sexual orientation, including gender-related identity; and the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), which requires timely warning to the community of certain immediate threats.