at Joliet Junior College in Romeoville, Illinois, United States
Position Title:Testing Assistant
Job Description:POSITION TITLE: Testing Assistant I
DEPARTMENT: Testing Services
DIVISION: Student Development
REPORTS TO: Manager of Testing Services
PLACEMENT: Clerical, grade 6B
MINIMUM PAY RATE:$20.27 hourly
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Joliet Junior College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff.
To provide a variety of academic, placement, and certification test proctoring, as well as various clerical duties; to provide professional, effective, and efficient customer service assistance to students, faculty, college personnel, and community members. Serves as proctor under the direction of Director and Department Manager; communicates testing needs to the Department Manager. Considerable judgment and initiative in adapting work procedures to new situations are required. Work requires knowledge of the policies and procedures within the Department and College Systems, as well as the acquisition and maintenance of all appropriate proctor certifications and/ or credentials. Ability to travel to other campuses and centers is required.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Professionally represent Joliet Junior College and uphold the College's core values.
2. Provide exceptional customer service and user support to all visitors including students, faculty, staff, and community members. Assist students and community members with disabilities by providing testing accommodations and general assistance as needed. Answer inquiries and provide information and referrals. Schedule on campus and remote testing appointments.
3. Administer and proctor a variety of academic, placement, and certification tests for the college, including remote proctoring, while maintaining test security of all testing materials and software. Handle results in a confidential manner. Maintain testing documentation and materials, and complete data entry as per Testing Center procedures. Proctoring duties may take place at any Testing Services location or District 525 high school.
4. Provide technical support to department personnel and students with the use of office equipment.
5. Assist with manual entry and batch uploading of testing scores including but not limited to placement and admissions testing.
6. Troubleshoot testing issues for JJC staff, faculty, students, and community members. Work collaboratively with IT to address minor technical concerns. Keep abreast of technical developments relating to the testing operations.
7. Prepare and organize various reports, survey results, records, and files.
8. Organize materials in center to facilitate their use by students. Assist and instruct students in location and use of test center materials and equipment.
9. Provide Testing Services reception assistance when and where necessary.
10. Participate in staff meetings, in-services, college events, and trainings as may be required.
11. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. One (1) year of office support and/or customer service experience.
3. Intermediate computer and Internet skills. Working knowledge of current office practices, machinery, and procedures.
4. Attentiveness to detail, strong organizational skills, initiative, and multitasking ability.
5. Ability to handle sensitive information with professionalism, discretion, and impartiality.
6. Strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability and willingness to work cooperatively with a diverse population.
7.... For full info follow application link.
Joliet Junior College is committed to maintaining an environment that is safe and free from discrimination, harassment, and misconduct on the basis of sex, which includes sexual orientation or gender-related identity. The College prohibits sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual misconduct, stalking, and relationship/dating violence has put measures in place to ensure a safe and healthy educational and employment environment, and meet legal requirements in accordance with: Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX), which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in the College's programs or activities; relevant sections of the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act; Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex or sexual orientation, including gender-related identity; and the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), which requires timely warning to the community of certain immediate threats.