at Illinois Department of Children & Family Services in Rockford, Illinois, United States
Rockford, IL, US, 61101Job Requisition ID: 31382
DCFS is deeply committed to the welfare and protection of children. Our goal is to protect children by strengthening and supporting families. In every effort, from receiving hotline calls to reaching family reunification or foster care and adoption, children and families are our focus
Agency: Department of Children and Family Services
Closing Date/Time: 10/13/2023
Salary: $5,456.00 - $8,140.00/Month - Anticipated Starting Salary $5,901/Month
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 3
This position is a union position; therefore, provisions of the relevant collective bargaining agreement/labor contract apply to the filling of this position.
All applicants who want to be considered for this position MUST apply electronically through SuccessFactors. Applications submitted via email or any paper manner (mail, fax, hand delivery) will not be considered.
Posting Identification Number- 814671, 814675, 815698
IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU UPLOAD OFFICIAL COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTSPosition Overview
The Illinois Department of Children and Family Services is seeking an organized, professional, and results oriented individual to serve as Child Protection Investigator. Under direction, this position will receive and investigate reports of alleged child abuse/neglect within mandated time limits. The position assesses the immediate safety of children and initiates appropriate levels of child protection needed, while utilizing Spanish speaking skills in the performance of duties. This position provides a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about children and interested in playing a role in ensuring the safety of children and youth. DCFS offers a competitive compensation plan, excellent benefits, and a pension program. The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent organizational skills and strong communication skills. We invite you to join our innovative team to help make a positive difference in the lives of the children and families of Illinois.Job Responsibilities
- Serves as Child Protection Investigator
- Prepares investigation reports for assessing validity of reports of allegations.
- Selects, summarizes, and presents case material for transfer to permanency caseworker or community agencies.
- Translates and interprets, both orally and in writing, for Spanish speaking clients regarding services available and the proper completion of forms
- Determines the need for and coordinates the placement of children in substitute care facilities.
- Attends multi-disciplinary diagnostic and technical staff conferences to assess needed services.
- Transports clients when taking protective custody, when placing them in substitute care, and when changing placement location.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.