at Away Staffing Services, Inc. in Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Our client, a manufacturing company in the security industry located in North Brook, IL seeks an Electrical technician. Pay $20.00/hrly
- Mechanical abilities and knowledge of gears, worm shafts, sprockets, chains, levers and basic understanding how gears and sprockets work together and have the ability to test and adjust finished goods products including backlash (2+ years of such experience is preferred).
- Must be able to read and follow schematics, assembly drawings, specification documents as well as basic knowledge of Solidworks software to perform test procedures.
- Possess knowledge and understanding of serial communication protocols (mainly RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 2 wire and 4 wire) as well as basic understanding of pc networking through ethernet wire communication and IP address assignment.
- Basic understanding of SBC boards, microcontrollers, processors, as well as firmware updates at a basic level.
- Troubleshooting skills to address wiring inconsistencies in a short time frame to avoid production delays.
- Will demonstrate good electrical and mechanical aptitude and be knowledgeable of
- Low voltage DC electronic measurements and related test equipment.
- DC motor knowledge including brush type and stepper motors.
- Understand analytical troubleshooting skills as well as cause and effect of various defects.
- Mastery of hand tools.
- Measure and record a wide variety of mechanical and electrical measurements.
- Be aware and understand the impact of production goals and requirements.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Use of multimeter and oscilloscope may be necessary.
- Good communication skills helpful.