at Invenergy LLC in Springfield, Illinois, United States
Job DescriptionInvenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
As the Field Troubleshooting Technician- Solar, you will support the Solar/Battery Storage operating fleet in aspects of operations such as in field troubleshooting, outage support, new site start up, end of warranty campaigns, and any other tasks as assigned by regional leadership. This position is 100% travel for 4 weeks straight with 1 week off of work.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Travel within the US fleet to support Invenergy owned and third party contracted sites on various scopes of work.
- Troubleshoot complicated electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic problems including Inverter faults, Tracker faults, network communications, ground faults, collection issues, substation issues, and general site performance issues.
- Support pilot projects to evaluate new equipment, tools, and/or processes.
- Assist with managing deliverables and contractual obligations, while interfacing with internal/external parties.
- Prepare and implement operating procedures which comply with company, customer, and industry standards and ensure compliance with all Federal, State, and Local requirements.
- Support High Voltage switching, as needed.
- Identify, document, and communicate opportunities for operational and quality improvements.
- Obtain, compile, and analyze information to properly identify course of action for proactive and reactive maintenance and repairs.
- Provide a high level of professionalism and technical expertise, while working with minimal oversight.
- Lead, assist and work alongside technicians in all aspects of their required job duties pertaining to operational and contractual obligations at each site.
- Evaluate and supervise contractor scope and repair work as it pertains to returning equipment to operation.
- Perform QA/QC inspections at all locations across the fleet and provide feedback on best practices and improvement opportunities.
- Efficiently manage personal travel arrangements
- Rotational position travel in 4-week intervals away from home while returning for a week off.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 or more years industrial electrical experience
- Understand electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic functions of all components of solar site and associated equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Knowledge and experience working with high voltage tooling and personal protective equipment.
- Proficiency with equipment software to include inverter specific HMI's and control software.
- Network communications experience preferred
- HVAC experience preferred
- Knowledge of CMMS (EAM) is preferred.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office software preferred.
- Solar or Battery Storage experience including PV system operations, proficiency working with DC systems, AC medium voltage systems.
- Must be able to work outdoors in inclement weather.
- Ability to move and manipulate up to 45 kg (100 pounds)
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), profit sharing, bonus, paid time off, etc.
Invenergy LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.