at Michael Baker International in Chicago, Illinois, United States
WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a leading provider of architectural, engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, environmental, construction and program management. The company provides its comprehensive range of services and solutions to support U.S. federal, state, and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker's more than 3,000 employees across nearly 100 locations are committed to a culture of innovation, collaboration, and technological advancement to help solve challenges for clients and communities throughout the country. To learn more, visit https://mbakerintl.com/ .
RAIL & TRANSIT PRACTICE
Whether moving people or freight, future rail and transit solutions will be determined by energy prices, a shift toward urban living and growing environmental concerns. Michael Baker helps freight, authority and state Department of Transportation clients meet these modern challenges by providing services that address key industry issues such as state of good repair, capacity, safety, community livability, asset management and maintenance, planning and development for new projects, and the promotion of environmental stewardship and sustainability.
We provide value by first understanding our clients' needs, then working with them as a partner to identify innovative and cost-effective solutions that optimize their opportunities for success.
Michael Baker International is seeking a talented Railroad Structural Engineering Project Manager with a specialization in railroad structures, to help make a difference in our Rail and Transit Practice. The candidate will report to our Chicago, IL or Cleveland, OH office. Consideration will be given to full-time remote work for exceptional candidates.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate significant experience on bridge projects for Class I railroads and/or rail transit agencies and be able to support projects and offices across the country for railroads, transit agencies, and DOTs. Responsibilities include:
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine scope, time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Develops/implements project plans/methodologies for complex projects, varying between single and multi-discipline practices.
- Confers with project staff to outline workplan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority; manages the resources of the project.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Perform analysis of project management development and success in order to align with company goals and strategies.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others, and performs cost management analysis.
- Develops and maintains client engagement to ensure satisfaction.
- Leverages project successes to win future projects.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Coordinates project activities with other railroad departments and projects
- Coordinates project activities with government...
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity