at Buffalo Wild Wings in Springfield, Illinois, United States
All World Wide Wings Manager Responsibilities:
All managers, regardless of position, share responsibility of and are accountable for following the World Wide Wings Manager Description in conjunction with the following job description specific to this position in the company.
*Department Manager Job Purpose: *
1.) Heart of House Department Manager has primary responsibility for the Heart of House (HOH) area, is responsible for managing all food/product matters in the HOH area, HOH staff planning and HOH Team Member development. They must maintain a safe environment and improve bottom line profitability through appropriate revenue and labor management. The Heart of House Manager assists the General Manager with overseeing the operation of the entire restaurant. In addition to supervising the operation of the restaurant on a shift-by-shift basis.
2.) Bar Department Manager supervises the operation of the restaurant on a shift-by-shift basis, with primary responsibility for the Bar Department. The Bar Department Manager manages all adult beverage matters in the Bar Department including ordering of beer, wine and liquor, inventory control and Responsible Alcohol Service (RAS) compliance. The Bar Department Manager is responsible for the planning, hiring, training, development and motivation of the Bartenders and Bar Servers in the Bar Department. Must maintain a safe environment and improve bottom line profitability through appropriate revenue management.
3.) The Hospitality Manager supervises the operation of the restaurant on a shift-by-shift basis, with primary responsibility for the dining room service. Manages hospitality Team Member planning and Team Member development and maintains a safe environment.
Department Manager Responsibilities Include:
- Directly responsible for the staffing, succession planning, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, orientation, training and ongoing development of Department Team Members and does so to maintain a department team at or above staffing guidelines determined at each Period Business Review.
- Responsible for WCT training in the department and maintaining the department at training store certification.
- Develops direct reports by creating action/development plans when necessary.
- Coordinates with other Department Managers on hiring decisions to ensure growth opportunities exist for Team Members.
- Creates weekly department schedules within budgeted labor guidelines, balancing team member needs and business needs.
- Creates, develops and implements incentive programs and contests for department. Actively motivates Team Members to participate in all company promotions and incentives.
- Responsible for providing regular performance feedback, including timely performance appraisals and development of department.
- Administers semi-annual merit increase process
- Assists General Manager with coaching other managers on effective performance management procedures.
- Oversees MIT training during training weeks. Ensures WCTs are correctly scheduled to conduct the training of the department modules.
- Assists General Manager with the on-going performance management and development of Bar, Hospitality and Assistant Managers.
- Utilizes World Wide Wings support teams/subject matter experts when necessary or required.
- Provides coaching and follow up to direct reports to ensure execution of service standards and guest experience.
- Communicates effectively to direct reports by holding departmental meetings on a timely basis to communicate successes, new procedures, and areas of opportunity.
- Ensures all department Team Members have current state required training and permits Guest
- Actively looks for and identifies techniques to attract new guests.
- Responsible for the restaurant’s Guest Comment program. Ensures all food quality guest complaints are appropriately handled on a timely basis. Provides feedback and coaching to managers on methods for handling guest complaints concerning food quality.
- Utilizes Guest Experience Management (GEM) program to provide feedback to Team Members and makes the adjustments necessary to ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Heart of House Department Manager:
- Facilitates and ensures adherence to new food product rollouts.
- Responsible for ensuring all Team Members meet or exceed our standards for serving quality products, recipe adherence and portioning.
- Communicates with all food vendors and holds food vendors accountable for delivering the highest quality product on a timely basis to our specifications.
- Ensures menu specs (recipes), wall charts, and department specific systems are being utilized and are adhered to. Communicates areas of opportunity to the department and management team.
- Helps general manager teach, coach and direct managers and Team Members on quality, service and cleanliness standards and proper inventory levels.
- Understands and analyzes pertinent sections of restaurant performance measurement tools (GEM, QSCs, audits, P&L) and trouble-shoots problems areas. Creates and puts action plans in place to address issues. Follows up specifically with department’s Team Members to ensure completion of plans.
- Conducts administrative manager functions (entering invoices, inventory, end of day procedures, etc.).
- Monitors all department equipment. Reports equipment repair needs through the facility management system. Follows up to ensure repairs are completed timely.
- Operates the department in a manner consistent with all applicable Board of Health and standard food safety practices. Corrects BOH and Steritech issues immediately
- Facilitates and ensures adherence to new bar product/promotion rollouts.
- Communicates with all beer and alcohol vendors and holds them accountable for delivering the highest quality product on a timely basis to our specifications.
- Ensures menu specs (recipes), and Bar systems (alcohol incident log, bar line check, prep lists) are being utilized and adhered to. Communicates areas of opportunity to Bartenders, Bar Servers and management team.
Bar Department Manager:
- Understands and analyzes pertinent sections of restaurant performance measurement tools (GEM, QSCs, audits, P&L) and trouble-shoots problems areas. Creates and puts action plans in place to address issues. Follows up specifically with Bartenders & Bar Servers to ensure completion of plans.
- Conducts administrative manager functions as needed (entering invoices, end of day procedures, etc.).
- Ensures monitoring of all bar equipment to ensure all equipment is functioning and producing high quality products
Sales and Profits
Heart of House Department Manager:
- Responsible for overall food cost. Operates department within company defined variance to legit food cost variance
- Responsible for overall HOH labor results. Operates department within company standard SPLH targets
- Orders all food and paper products from produce vendors and food distributor
- Maintains proper inventory levels on all food and paper products. Inventories are accurate and independently validated.
- Establishes daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly projections.
- Understands the P&L statement, creates action plans for problem areas.
- Completes all other assigned duties or tasks.
Bar Department Manager:
- Ensures Bar cost tools are being effectively utilized by Bartenders, Bar Servers and other Managers.
- Responsible for overall beer, liquor and beverage costs and bar labor results.
- Maintains proper inventory levels on all alcohol products.
- Understands sales and profit goals and troubleshoots problem departments.
- Aggressively manages waste, comps, voids and discounts, with specific responsibility for the Bar Department.
- Creates, develops and implements bar sales building incentive co