at Byline Bank in Schaumburg, Illinois, United States
Job DescriptionThe Information Technology Director is responsible for managing the organization's technology operations which includes overseeing IT department employees and ensuring all technology systems and applications support the organization's goals and objectives. This role will consult with other departments to ascertain their technological requirements, and develop solutions while maintaining smooth, secure, and updated technical operations within an organization. This person will collaborate and work with team members, project managers, and leadership to provide the expertise to ensure that all technology initiatives are completed successfully and on-time. This is a hybrid remote and office role, office work is in Schaumburg, IL.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the evaluation, implementation and support activity for the entire bank’s internal and external automated information technology systems and services, including software applications, networks, telecommunication, data centers, cloud environment (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, UCaaS, CCaaS) and related hardware equipment.
- Determines, evaluates and acquires bank’s current and future technology, communications, and software system needs.
- Provide day to day management, technical guidance and direct leadership to department.
- Drive the coordination and facilitation of change across functions within group and cross functional teams.
- Define and maintain appropriate policies, controls, procedures and best practices.
- Ensure patch vulnerability management and remediation meet risk & compliance requirements.
- Proactively monitor IT infrastructure and systems to ensure their high availability.
- Ensure support tickets are resolved on-time, timely updates are provided, and SLAs are met. Streamline operations and support.
- Define and maintain internal service level agreements for technology support and systems.
- Establish and drive a defect prevention and automation culture within the Operations teams.
- Outline infrastructure scalability requirements for on premise or cloud infrastructures.
- Ensure regular backups are made to all systems and maintain a highly resilient IT infrastructure.
- Manage Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity planning, testing and documentation.
- Coordinate and conduct annual DR recovery testing of IT infrastructure and systems.
- Determine hardware/software and operating system life cycle management strategies.
- Ensure bank’s IT environment is secure and meets cyber security requirements.
- Review security logs and events periodically. Coordinate with Information Security and SOC teams to maintain IT environment secure and proactively address security issues and findings.
- Ensure all changes goes through change management process and procedures are duly followed.
- Comply with audit and compliance requirements. Address and resolve open audit items on time.
- Ensure the IT team creates and maintains technical documents, network diagrams, user guides and support manuals.
- Prepare project plans and clearly articulate roles, project goals, and timeline.
- Participate in banks acquisition projects and ensure the integration are successfully completed.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, and management of the technology team members
- Ability to manage multiple departments and staff members directly or through subordinates.
- Negotiates contracts for technology, communications, and information systems, services and equipment purchases.
- Onboard and manage technology vendors. Ensure they meet SLAs and provide highest quality of services.
- Work with management and finance to develop budgets for technology operations and long-term technology strategy.
- Track IT spend and identify opportunities for cost savings and efficiency improvement.
- Manage projects and communicate project progress and delays to the stakeholders.
- Provide reporting metrics on systems for service availability and support to management and IT steering committee.
- Conduct periodic meetings with business unit heads to understand and ensure their technology needs and expectations are met.
- Research and evaluate products to determine for current or future needs of the bank.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field. Master’s Degree is a plus.
- 15+ years of experience in Information technology field, including 10+ years of experience in managing technology teams, such as networking, systems & infrastructure, support and software development.
- Experience in managing data centers, cloud infrastructure, IaaS, SaaS and PaaS
- Experience in network technologies including LAN/WAN, SD-WAN/SASE, MPLS/DIA, VPN, IPv4, IPv6, DNS, DHCP and Network Security/Firewall concepts.
- Experience in CCaaS, UCaaS, VOIP and related technologies.
- Experience in Microsoft cloud technologies, Windows OS / Servers, M365 suite, SharePoint, Azure, Defender, Sentinel
- Knowledge in Microsoft SQL server or similar database and database administration
- Understanding of zero trust principals, cloud networking and security concepts
- Maintains up-to-date and extensive knowledge of cloud architecture, products and technology.
- Proficient in documentation using tools like Visio to produce and maintain diagrams.
- Experience in software development, testing and release engineering is highly desirable.
- Manage and prioritize projects, establish timelines/milestones to achieve objectives.
- Influential leadership skills with a passion for mentoring and enabling team members to grow their career.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact professionally and effectively with customers and all levels of employees across the business.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, project management and financial skills.
- Experience working in Banking / Financial industry is a plus.
Usual office environment with frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing. Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office equipment. Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices.
Byline Bank is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Byline Bank are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Byline Bank will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you require a reasonable accommodation, during any part of the application process, please contact the human resources department to let us know the nature of your request at firstname.lastname@example.org by contacting 773.475.2900.