at Byline Bank in Libertyville, Illinois, United States
Job DescriptionObjective of Position:
The Commercial Relationship Officer is responsible for meeting production goals by sourcing and developing new commercial loan relationships and expanding existing relationships. Scope includes commercial loans and deposits.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Develops and retains commercial business including loans and deposits, meeting with prospects and customers of moderate size and complexity in a designated region to achieve production goals.
- Makes calls independently and may accompany more experienced officers on larger account visits.
- Gathers related financial and general business information, performs financial analyses needed to make credit decisions, participates in team credit decisions and communicates with prospects and customers to close sales.
- Develops broader knowledge base of commercial and other products and services, including loan policy, documentation, structuring and regulatory requirements.
- Continues developing growing network of outside referral sources for new business.
- Packages loans and recommends loan terms and conditions.
- Directs and implements business development activities, such as calls on prospects.
- Identifies needs of existing clients and recommends solutions based upon bank’s credit policy and proper loan structuring, including providing necessary supporting information for credits to be underwritten.
- Identifies prospective clients and implements plans for gaining business to include customer contact such as calling on major business accounts to develop new relationships with prospective clients and retaining existing business and promoting additional bank services to current clients.
- All other duties as assigned.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in business, finance or management preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in originating C & I loans, and other portfolio products.
- Underwriting knowledge, from origination to loan closing.
- Strong consultative sales skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders at all levels.
- Be self-motivated and an effective time and project manager with a strong attention to detail.
- Have strong change management, organizational and planning capabilities.
- Ability to identify, understand and define problems, evaluate alternatives, set priorities, manage projects and implement high quality solutions.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills with the ability to directly manage and communicate multiple projects and priorities depending on organizational needs and strategies.
- Possess strong communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency in use Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Usual office environment with frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing. Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office equipment. Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices.
Byline Bank offers competitive industry rate salary bands with the goal of retaining and growing talented individuals. We regularly review and adjust our compensation structure as needed to ensure equity across teams and levels.
The salary for this position is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Byline Bank offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with Byline Bank, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Byline Bank is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Byline Bank are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Byline Bank will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you require a reasonable accommodation, during any part of the application process, please contact the human resources department to let us know the nature of your request firstname.lastname@example.org by contacting 773.475.2900.