at Byline Bank in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Objective of Position:
TheAssistant Branch Manageris responsible for supporting the Branch Manager by overseeing the efficient operation of the branch to ensure all operational functions are properly performed by the staff while conveying a feeling of trust, service, security, and satisfaction to both the customer and staff. This position is responsible for overseeing the teller function, ATM balancing, night depository processing, Thillens Processing, and customer service duties. Assists the Branch Manager in providing coaching and direction to branch staff in both sales and service activities. Supports the Branch Manager in their absence.
Byline Bank staff members are expected to periodically travel to another branch location to help with staffing coverage. Demonstrated scheduling flexibility is required, along with an openness to new ideas and the ability to identify process improvements. Business dress as outlined in the Byline Bank dress code is mandatory.
Duties and responsibilities :
- Assists with recruiting, mentoring, and empowering a high-performing team to achieve company goals.
- Maintains connection with customers and develop new business in the region through relationship building and proposing region-specific initiatives.
- Facilitates meetings to disseminate operational information including branch security and safety issues.
- Prepares teller performance appraisals and disciplinary notices as required.
- Partners with the Branch Manager - schedules tellers for adequate coverage.
- Ensures excellent customer service skills are practiced by all the teller staff members.
Sales & Service
- Meets or exceeds monthly sales production goals for products and services as assigned by manager.
- Delivers personalized service that focuses on individual customer needs. Identifies and offers products and services that will improve our member’s financial lives.
- Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with customers and employees.
- Recognizes and facilitates cross-selling opportunities.
- Ensures confidentiality of member transactions; follows regulatory compliance procedures including, but not limited to, BSA, Robbery and Security and Privacy; follows all bank policies and procedures; observes security and regulatory procedures.
- Enforces dual control procedures at all times.
- Responsible for daily branch operations to include overdraft management, vault management, branch schedules, the opening and closing of the office, and other such duties.
- Ensures that all back-office work, monthly efficiency logs, and audits are completed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Keeps educated on all deposit, business and consumer loan products.
- Maintains adequate supplies at the facility including the maintenance of tests alarms and other security devices.
- Establishes clear and on-going communication with management.
- All other duties as assigned.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- High School Degree or GED required
- Excellent customer service and oral communication skills
- 2+ years of experience assessing and meeting the needs of customers and/or solving customer problems
- 2+ years of leadership experience including coaching, training or mentoring
- 2+ years of Prior managerial/supervisory experience
- 2+ years of cash handling experience
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred
Usual office environmentwith frequentsitting,walking, andstanding, andoccasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, andbalancing. Frequent useofeye, hand, andfinger coordination enablingthe useofoffice equipment. Oralandauditory capacityenablinginterpersonal communication as wellas communicationthroughautomated devices.
Byline Bank offers competitive industry rate salary bands with the goal of retaining and growing talented individuals. We regularly review and adjust our compensation structure as needed to ensure equity across teams and levels.
The salary range for this position is $50,000.00 to $62,600.00. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Byline Bank offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with Byline Bank, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.