at Joliet Junior College in Joliet, Illinois, United States
Position Title:Student Employee, Math Department
Job Description:Assist the Math Department Secretary with a variety of tasks to promote and enhance student learning. Tasks include keeping classrooms stocked, organizing materials for instructors, and assisting with day-to-day operations.
POSITION TITLE: Student Employee, Math Department
STATUS: Part time
DEPARTMENT: Math Department
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
REPORTS TO: Math Department Secretary
MINIMIUM PAY RATE: $13.00 per hour
(Position is FWS Eligible)
To assist the Math Department with:
1. survey math classrooms on a weekly basis, and stocking them as needed.
3. answering multiple phone lines, forward messages.
4. directing visitors.
5. proofreading exams and other course materials.
6. distributing mail to approximately 40 professors, adjunct faculty and staff.
7. maintaining text and supply inventories.
8. special projects including the I.C.T.M. Regional andJJCInvitational math contests.
9. distribution of developmental final exams.
1. Ability to communicate effectively.
2. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
3. Ability to type and proofread well.
4. Problem-solving abilities, discretion, and a willingness to accept responsibility.
5. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with other members of the college and community, displaying cultural competence as well as emotional intelligence.
1. Knowledge of MS Office.
2. Self-starter who can organize daily workload effectively.
3. English and Spanish verbal and written communication proficiency.
4. Demonstrated multicultural competence.
* Normal office physical demands.
* Duties are performed indoors in the usual office environment.
Full Time/Part Time:Part time
Union (If Applicable):
Joliet Junior College is committed to maintaining an environment that is safe and free from discrimination, harassment, and misconduct on the basis of sex, which includes sexual orientation or gender-related identity. The College prohibits sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual misconduct, stalking, and relationship/dating violence has put measures in place to ensure a safe and healthy educational and employment environment, and meet legal requirements in accordance with: Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX), which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in the College's programs or activities; relevant sections of the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act; Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex or sexual orientation, including gender-related identity; and the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), which requires timely warning to the community of certain immediate threats.