at Abbott in Lake Forest, Illinois, United States
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
+ Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
+ Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
+ An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
+ Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save (https://www.abbott.com/corpnewsroom/strategy-and-strength/tackling-student-debt-for-our-employees.html) student debt program and FreeU (https://www.abbott.com/corpnewsroom/strategy-and-strength/college-degree-for-free-its-possible-with-freeu.html) education benefit – an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
+ A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
+ A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out in our Lake Forest facility in the Diagnostics Division.
We’re empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott’s diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people.
What You’ll Work On
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
Summarize the main purpose of the role.
As an individual contributor, the function of a Regulatory Affairs Specialist is to provide support for the regulatory department.
to ensure efficient and compliant business processes and environment. The individual may execute tasks and exercise.
influence generally at the middle management level. The individual may assist in the registration of products by preparing.
and submitting documentation needed for registration worldwide.
- Provide regulatory input to product lifecycle planning. Assist in SOP development and review.
- Assist in the development of regional regulatory strategy and update strategy based upon regulatory changes.
- Understand and investigate regulatory history/background of class, disease/ therapeutic/diagnostic context in order to
assess regulatory implications for approval.
- Determine trade issues to anticipate regulatory obstacles. Participate in risk benefit analysis for regulatory compliance.
- Determine and communicate submission and approval requirements. Monitor applications under regulatory review.
- Evaluate proposed preclinical, clinical and manufacturing changes for regulatory filing strategies.
- Assist in preparation and review of regulatory submission to authorities.
- Maintain annual licenses, registrations, listings and patent information.
- Assist compliance with product postmarketing approval requirements. Assist in the review of advertising and promotional.
- Assess external communications relative to regulations. Review regulatory aspects of contracts.
- Assist with label development and review for compliance before release.
- Submit and review change controls to determine the level of change and consequent submission requirements.
- Contribute to the development and functioning of the crisis/ issue management program. Ensure product safety issues and
product associated events are reported to regulatory agencies.
- Provide regulatory input for product recalls and recall communications.
- Individual may provide limited work direction and guidance to peers and/or skilled non-exempt levels of employees.
Participates in the development of less experienced staff by setting an example, providing guidance, and offering counsel.
Plans and organizes non-routine tasks w/approval. Initiates or maintains work schedule. Establishes priorities of work
assignments. May lead a departmental project team.
- Establishes and cultivates an extensive network of support to facilitate completion of assignments.
- Participates in determining goals and objectives for projects.
- Influences middle management on technical or business solutions.
- May interact with vendors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting innovative, practical methods to achieve problem resolution. Failure to obtain results or
erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
+ Bachelors Degree (± 16 years) In science (biology, chemistry, microbiology, immunology, medical technology, pharmacy, pharmacology), math, engineering, or medical fields is preferred.
+ Experience/Background: Minimum 2 years This position does not require previous regulatory experience.
+ Master’s Degree (± 18 years) Preferred ?
+ 2-3 years’ experience in a regulated industry (e.g., medical products, nutritional’s). Regulatory area is preferred but may consider quality assurance, research and development/support, scientific affairs, operations, or related area.
+ Experience with Regulatory history, guidelines, policies, standards, practices, requirements and precedents; Regulatory agency structure, processes and key personnel.
+ Principles and requirements of applicable product laws; Submission/registration types and requirements; GxPs (GCPs, GLPs, GMPs); Principles and requirements of promotion, advertising and labeling; Domestic and international regulatory guidelines, policies and regulations; Ethical guidelines of the regulatory profession, clinical research and regulatory process. Note: This knowledge may be developed through tenure in this position.
+ Communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Communicate with diverse audiences and personnel. Write and edit technical documents.
+ Work with cross-functional teams. Work with people from various disciplines and cultures.
+ Write and edit technical documents.
+ Negotiate internally.
+ Pay strong attention to detail.
+ Manage projects. Create project plans and timelines.
+ Think analytically and critically.
+ Organize and track complex information.
+ Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
+ Has a sound knowledge of a variety of alternatives and their impact on the business.
+ Apply business and regulatory ethical standards.
+ Certification is a plus (such as RAC from the Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society.)
- Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com (http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx)
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott a