at CTG in Springfield, Illinois, United States
Head of Solutions, Americas
Sales & Business Development
Sep 22, 2023Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
CTG is growing inLeadership for the Solutions Team of the Americas. Join CTG, A Best Place to Work Company!
Location: Remote (EST) – Headquarters in Buffalo, NY
Job Title:Head of Solutions, Americas
Description: Full-time (internal leadership position)
Responsible for leading and managing the Solutions team in the United States. Lead the Americas (i.e., US, Canada, Colombia) in a centralized approach to Presales and Solutions development. Collaborates with Global Solutions on ongoing development and verticalization of highly differentiated services and solutions. Directly contributes to the attainment of revenue and gross profit goals for each of the solution areas; responsible for managing the team’s direct costs and overhead. Ensures engagement in sales support for CTG’s services and solutions within the Americas Solutions team. Works collaboratively with Sales, Marketing, Delivery, and Global Solutions to grow CTG’s Americas Solutions business.
Strategy & Leadership
• Collaborate with the Americas leadership team and Global Solutions to develop strategic plans for each industry vertical and horizontal solution in support of CTG’s corporate vision and strategy.
• Partner with CTG’s Global Solutions practice to develop and execute global solution strategies.
• Actively represent CTG’s culture by leading and participating in efforts around continuous learning, personal and professional development, and contributions to company growth and success
• Advance CTG’s position as a thought leader; contribute to marketing efforts such as blogs, white papers, case studies, and webinars, attend and participate in industry conferences to promote CTG solutions.
Americas Solutions Development
• Drive IT Solutions development and revenue growth in a team environment
• Work with Sales and Marketing to design and execute strategies to sell value-added, highly differentiated, services and solutions to client senior leadership across business and technology.
• Develop solutions roadmaps aligned to each business vertical (Healthcare, Energy, Logistics, etc.) that support the overall business strategy in coordination with Sales and Marketing.
• Update roadmaps quarterly and annually based on client feedback, industry trends, and partnership alliances.
• Evaluate and modify existing solutions portfolio to identify gaps and opportunities for growth.
• Create a solutions and services catalog based on business strategy, vertical business go-to-market, client feedback, available solutions capabilities, and industry trends.
• Continuously evaluate each solution based on revenue growth, profitability, cost to deliver, market access to technical resources, complexity, differentiation in the market, and alignment
• Drive a consistent and repeatable pricing matrix per solution for greater efficiency and simplicity; partner with the Sales organization to execute.
• Remain up to date on technical landscape and upcoming trends; assist leadership with investment decisions for new offerings and update existing offerings accordingly.
• Develop new offerings for Marketing and Sales organizations to learn, adopt, and execute in the marketplace; confirm all new offerings align with client requirements, including training and enablement capabilities.
• Ensure all Solutions team members contribute to the overall growth strategy of the Americas and CTG; bolster the expansion of skill sets and encourage additional certification attainment in support of CTG’s vision.
• Collaborate with Marketing and Sales to oversee the development of thought leader/promotional materials, campaign strategies, and marketing approaches to stimulate sales activities for defined solutions.
Pre-Sales Team Management
• Hire and develop a strong team of client-facing Solution Architects who specialize in specific industry verticals and horizontal technologies.
• Foster a team culture that takes pride in their work and enjoys collaborating with teams across CTG.
• Lead the Solutions Architect team in support of the Sales organization; with a focus on gathering technical requirements and aligning them with the business requirements of the client.
• Guide Solution Architects in crafting, preparing, and presenting the solutions to clients in tandem with Sales; work with appropriate CTG teams to develop the Statement of Work and partner with Delivery for execution of the solution.
• Develop individual thought leadership ability within the team; utilize skills for industry events, client case studies, presentations, social media, and conferences.
• Deliver consistent, appropriate employee communications to ensure employees feel a part of the larger organization.
• Complete annual review of employee performance and develop appropriate action items based on employee feedback.
• Ensure the Solutions Team meets or exceeds its financial targets.
• Collaborate with Global Solutions and Onshore and Offshore Delivery teams to design services and solutions frameworks that achieve high-quality delivery; attain elevated levels of client satisfaction and meet all financial objectives.
• Maintain awareness of industry best practices; incorporate offerings as needed.
• Provide delivery oversight on client engagements when necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher, or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 10 years’ IT consulting experience leading or architecting complex projects or teams.
• Minimum 5 years’ Software Developer experience; experience with other services and solutions that align with the CTG portfolio preferred.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience leading technical pre-sales teams; including presentation support, client discovery, requirements gathering, solution creation, Statement of Work creation, collaboration with Delivery, and thought leadership.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience leading product or solutions creation; including the creation of solutions roadmaps, catalogs, and portfolios, and experience managing existing solutions with a financial performance mindset.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working with global delivery models, including hybrid delivery teams; proven ability to develop and execute services and solutions strategies that incorporate blended onshore and offshore delivery teams.
• Expertise in hiring and developing high-performance teams.
• Expertise in management, and sales and marketing activities; including successful execution of integrated demand generation programs and partnership channel programs.
• Competence in the successful execution of go-to-market strategies for services, solutions, or products in vertical markets, such as Healthcare, Energy, Logistics, or other markets that overlap with the CTG strategy is highly preferred.
• Competence in developing and managing strategic and financial plans.
• Ability to interact and build relationships with client executives and key decision-makers.
• Strong verbal and written English skills; proficiency in Spanish is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to remotely lead and collaborate with teams comprised of various geographies and cultures.
• Ability to reside in the continental United States; requires frequent travel and flexibility to conduct business with clients in all US time zones.
To be considered for this role,