at Illinois Department of Children & Family Services in Springfield, Illinois, United States
Chicago, IL, US, 60621Job Requisition ID: 30856
Agency : Department of Children and Family Services
Closing Date/Time: 10/13/2023
Salary: $5,456.00-$8,140.00-Anticipated Starting Salary: $5,456.00/Month
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 10
The Illinois Department of Children and Family Services is seeking an organized, professional, and results oriented individual to serve as Deferred Assignment Permanency Specialist. Under general supervision, this position will provide professional child welfare casework services to children and families, determining the need and coordinating the placement of children in substitute care facilities. Additionally, the position will conduct interviews with clients and professionals to obtain information for the continued diagnosis of problems and development of treatment plans. This position will utilize Spanish speaking skills in the performance of duties.Minimum Qualifications
1. Preferably requires a master’s degree in social work.
2. Requires a master’s degree in a related human service field, supplemented by one year of directly related professional casework/case management experience.
3. Requires a bachelor’s degree in social work and one year of directly related professional casework/case management experience.
4. Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related human service field and two years of directly related professional casework/case management experience.
The college or university issuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree must be accredited, and the degree program in social work must be approved by the Council on Social Work Education. The directly related professional casework/case management experience must be related to family preservation, family reunification, adoption, youth development, counseling, and advocacy services or a related field.
This class is included as an Upward Mobility Program credential title.Conditions of Employment
- Requires a valid driver’s license, daily access to an automobile, and proof of vehicle insurance.
- Requires ability to pass a background check.
- Requires physical, visual and auditory ability to carry out assigned duties.
- Overtime is a condition of employment, and you may be requested or required/mandated to work overtime, including scheduled, unscheduled, or last-minute overtime. This requires the ability to work evenings and weekends. This also requires the ability to work in a 24 hour “on call” capacity.
- The conditions of employment listed here are incorporated and related to any of the job duties as listed in the job description.
Work Hours: M-F 8:30 am- 5:00pm